Week Ending (September 2)


Happy Sunday creative friends and Happy Fathers Day to all the dads!
What a busy week its been for me in the sewing room. I've got several projects on the go but I decided to neglect it all and start something new. Do you do that as well? I think its the thrill of a new project.

This weeks Week Ending list just might have me starting even more projects (sigh!) so lets have a look at what inspired me over the last seven days:

  • First up are these gorgeous Iceland Poppies from Picot Pals. Crocheted flowers are great to use as embellishments for scarves, hats and gloves but they also make pretty present toppers. These ones look easy to crochet and are super pretty.
  • Halloween will be here before we know it and this adorable Pumpkin Pincushion popped up in my feed this week. I like to decorate with little pumpkins from the farmers market but a few of these might be nice instead.
  • I needed to bake something to take to my daughters house yesterday and these Chocolate Buttercream Cookies were heavenly. If your looking for a delicious, clean eating treat that everyone will love, then give these a try. I purchased the organic cane juice at the health food shop but you may need to find a substitute if you can't find any.
  • No matter how organised you are or how much you declutter, storage is an issue for all of us. These Hanging Door Pockets not only look cute but they are great for items that can be misplaced easily. They are also great stash busters :)
  • Yarnhild has this sweet Crochet Berry pattern as a freebie on their website. I'd love a little family of these and they would make fantastic gifts.
  • The must try recipe for next week has to be this Chocolate Raspberry Bundt Cake. How yummy does that look?  I'm looking forward to a piece or three of this one.
  • And lastly I have another Halloween pattern for you, this super cute Jack-O-Lantern Pillow from Clever Little Mouse. The kids would love one of these for their bedroom or reading corner and they look super quick and easy.

And that's it for another week but before I go... my Jacaranda blanket is finished:


I was playing yarn chicken on the last row but I had just enough to finish YAY! The ends were sewn in yesterday and now its ready to be blocked. I love, love, love it. ♥ I'll share some nice pictures of it very soon. 
Until then, Happy Week Ending :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊