Week Ending (December 9)

Happy Sunday lovely! How's your week been? I've had a soul filling week of Christmas movies, twinkly lights, time with family and friends and eating way too many cookies :) I've also started a new quilt but I'll share more on that one next year.
This weeks Week Ending list has seven last minute gift ideas to make or bake for your loved ones, so lets see what inspired me as I nibbled away on cinnamon cookies:

  • First up, I love this Gift Card Cup Cozy for that person on your list who might be a little difficult to shop for. Its a fun way to present a gift card and who doesn't love a cup cozy for their takeaway coffee? Its a free pattern and there's also a free printable for the packaging. So cute!
  • Tree ornaments make wonderful gifts that continue to give for years to come. Our tree has quite a few gifted ornaments which I absolutely treasure. This gorgeous Christmas Bell would be perfect for baby's first Christmas or to send to an overseas friend. You could personalise it with some embroidery or little charms etc. and it will be loved every year.
  • Another great ornament idea are these Folded Fabric Star Ornaments. You could make a whole batch of these for family and friends and either give them as they are or attach them to gifts as an extra present.
  • I love Scandinavian decorations and I'm pretty sure these Christmas Gnomes have stolen everyone's hearts. Caroline has a great tutorial for making your own little gnomes and I think these could become addictive quite quickly.

  • OK, when this Gingerbread Layer Cake popped up in my feed, it instantly made it to my must make list. How yummy does that look?  I'm excited to try this one.
  • I thought this idea was really cute - give an old stocking a make over using Kara's DIY Pom Pom Christmas Stocking tutorial. It looks like fun and it would be a great project to work on with the kids.
  • And lastly, who wouldn't love a pair of Crocheted Santa Slippers? I think these are adorable and even though its too hot for slippers down here, I want a pair. The pattern is being released in parts and you can find part two HERE and part three HERE

So that's it for another week. I hope you found some great ideas :)
Next week on the blog I'm talking all about Fruit Mince and I've just finished a crocheted cushion which I think you're going to love, so watch out for those blog posts.
Until then...Happy Week Ending :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊