Week Ending (March 3)



Happy Sunday guys! How's your week been? I still can't believe its March already but there's milder autumn weather on its way and I'm ready for it! Finding that first dried leaf on the ground always warms my soul - I love autumn. :)
Lets have a look at the projects I found during the week, maybe your next project is among them :)

  • First up, Amy from Diary of a Quilter finished her Stick Shift Crib Quilt and its stunning. Its the perfect project for precuts and there is a free tutorial - just read through the post to find the link. It looks so easy to sew and I love Amy's fabric choices for this one, every little boy needs one of these quilts to snuggle under. :)
  • St. Patrick's Day is on its way and who wouldn't want this Crochet Leprechaun Cuddle Buddy? Isn't he adorable? Sarah is so generous with her patterns and her projects are so fun to crochet. Her pattern is a freebie with lots of photos to help you out. "Top of the morning to ya".
  • Do you love sweet potato? Its one of my favorite vegetables, so this Cheesy Sweet Potato and Bacon Loaf is my must try recipe for the week. It sounds delicious and I'm hoping it tastes nice cold as well so I can pack some in the lunchboxes.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Moda-All-Stars-Quilts-Start-Strips-ebook/dp/B07M7Y3638/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1551069859&sr=8-12&keywords=quilting+books
  • Lissa Alexander has a new book available called Moda All Stars- On A Roll 14 Quilts That Start With 2 1/2" Strips. From the few projects I've seen you are going to want this book in your collection. Lissa's designs are fresh and gorgeous and so many great ways to use your Jelly Rolls.
  • I also really love this Going Dutch Quilt from Amanda Wilbert of Pieced Just Sew. There's a free tutorial for this beauty on the Moda Bake Shop site and lots of photos and diagrams to make it quick and easy for you. I also love the Strawberry Jam fabrics from Corey Yoder that Amanda used - so cute!


  • How cute is this Lorelei Beanie pattern from Deni Sharpe? I'm loving this colour and the pom pom is just adorable! This is a paid pattern which you can find on Ravelry but you're going to crochet dozens of these little cuties so well worth the investment.
  • My last link for the week is a sweet little nudge to remember to self care. Melissa Ambrosini lives her best life and in this post she reminds us to make Sunday a Self Care Day. We need to look after ourselves - its not selfish! She includes a list of fifty wonderful ideas that will reconnect ourselves with nature and feed our souls. Spend today loving you :)

And that's it for another week. I hope these projects inspire you to create something wonderful.
We're taking a family drive to the beach today. It will probably be our last trip before hibernation begins so I'm going to make the most of it :)
Happy Week Ending :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊