Week Ending (July 14)


Happy Sunday lovelies! How's your week been? I've been working on the wedding quilt and while its going slowly, I've made some decent progress and put a whole lot of love in there. I can't wait to show you the quilt but it wont be until after the wedding - I'm keeping the design a surprise from the bride and groom and its killing me not to show them!

It was another creative week around the internet and I've picked seven fun links to inspire you this week, so here we go:

  • Ashleigh from Sewrella released her Crochet Duo Poncho pattern and this is just gorgeous. It would be perfect for the cooler summer nights and its got that lovely boho feel. Its available as a free pattern on her blog or as a pattern in her shop (without ads) for a small fee, plus as a full kit from Lionbrand - scroll down for all the options.
  • I've been celebrated the Churn Dash on my blog this July and look at what popped up in my feed, How To Piece a Patchy Octagon Block. Now this is a gorgeous example of a modern Churn Dash isn't it? Its a free pattern on Leah's blog complete with a video tutorial to help you out.


  • I'm trying to be more creative with my morning porridge and Jamie Oliver has a great article on How to Make Perfect Porridge plus eight different options for toppings. This is my must try recipe for the week and I'm looking forward to the Apple, Maple Syrup and Pecan one!
  • Are you a cat lover? I am and I accidently stumbled upon this gorgeous Pins and Paws Cat quilt from Missouri Star Quilt Co. It a free pattern and how adorable is that? Maybe I should sew one for Maria so she stays off all of my quilts! Hmmm ;)
  • If you love to Crochet Cute Critters then Sarah from Repeat Crafter Me has just released her second book and pre-orders are being taken. Its available in August and includes 26 cute Amigurumi patterns that are sure to delight.


  • The very talented girls from A Beautiful Mess have just posted a tutorial for these gorgeous Caned Candle Holders. Cane has made a resurgence in home decor and these holders look so pretty - the effect at night would look gorgeous. A quick and easy make that will add a huge impact to any area of your home.
  • And finally, if the kids are bored and looking a new project to make then these Paper Towel Butterflies will keep them entertained for hours. You only need a few simple items to get them crafting and its a super fun idea. :)

And that's my list for another week. I hope you found something fun to create.
Next week in my Classic Quilt Block series I'm sharing some inspiring projects from Australian Designers to encourage you to use the Churn Dash block in future projects, plus I'm chatting about sewing mojo - seems a few of you have misplaced your mojo and while I cant give you a solution, I can offer you my support. :)

And if you haven't signed up for my monthly newsletter yet then I'd love to have you join my mailing list. Its one email at the end of each month including blog links I've shared in case you missed them, an exclusive subscriber only discount code for a featured pattern in my Etsy shop, and I'll be sharing one readers project from one of my patterns so make sure you send me a photo - it could be yours! Click on the link to join in the fun!


Enjoy the rest of your Sunday :)

Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊