Week Ending (August 4)



Happy Sunday guys! I hope your week has been a kind one. Its been a really cold one here! One more month of winter, one more month of winter!

Wedding planning is in high gear and while all the big things were organised months ago, its the little details that take the most time. Its been so much fun and our lists are getting shorter which is lucky because the wedding is less than four months away! So exciting!

I found a lot of fun projects this week, so here's my seven favorites:

  • First up, Lee Monroe from May Chappell shared a tutorial on Amy Smarts blog for this gorgeous Scrappy Liberty Pincushion. Its super cute and an easy to sew pattern which makes it perfect for gift giving or a quick finish for yourself. 
  • My must try recipe this week is this Puffed Pancake with Honey Malt Ice Cream and Bananas. This looks amazing guys! I'm going to cheat and use store brought ice cream (this one) and that will be tonight's dinner all sorted! :)
  • I've noticed some gorgeous blocks popping up on social media and I've just discovered they are from a Merry Mini Christmas Quilt Sew Along (sorry if you already know about this one). The finishing instructions went up this week and you can find all the info and block pattern links in Sherri's post. So sweet and perfect for Christmas.



  • I have a three tiered tray on the kitchen bench that I decorate every season/occasion and I was looking for some faux pumpkins for Halloween. BHooked Crochet has a great Crochet Pumpkin tutorial and I think I need these all over the house - they look so good! They're perfect for Fall and Halloween and look easy to crochet.
  • I've used my slow cooker a lot this winter. Its easy, I'm more motivated to prepare something earlier in the day and its a set and forget meal. Kat from The Organised Housewife has collected her readers Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes and put them together into one blog post. Its a great reference to have and there's lots of yummy recipes to try.



  • Over at the Felted Button, the Colourful Crochet Prism Blanket MAL is underway and this blanket is stunning. It's in conjunction with Scheepjes Yarn and its a paid pattern ($2) which is super cheap! There's also a video tutorial for a few of the trickier bits from Esther from In A Nutshell to help you out. 
  • And lastly, Judi from Green fairy Quilts is hosting a Quilt Along for her gorgeous Mama Gypsy quilt. If you buy the paper pattern you receive a free collector pin and there's a giveaway during the Quilt Along that you wont want to miss. Gorgeous quilt!

And that's my list for another week. I hope there's something there to inspire you to create!

Next week on the blog I have a new recipe that's every citrus lovers dream, and in my Classic Quilt Blocks series I have a gorgeous block to share over the next four weeks, with fun tutorials, patterns etc. to make you love this block as much as I do...stay tuned!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday :)




Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊