Week Ending (October 27)


Happy Sunday guys! What a super quick week that was! I hope yours was a fun and creative one. I'm so thrilled you enjoyed the Pinwheel Classic Quilt Blocks series. I really enjoy putting these posts together and I can't wait to get back to it next year.

I did find some gorgeous projects to inspire you this week, so let's go:

  • First up is this gorgeous Super Scrappy Irish Chain Quilt tutorial from Happy Quilting. Melissa revisited one of her old tutorials and I think you'll agree that her quilt is stunning. Check out her post for all the details and links.
  • Have you ever thought of Dying Your Own Yarn? BHooked has a comprehensive podcast on her blog and it's a fantastic listen. You'll learn the basics and get the tips for achieving great colourisation to dye your own combinations. 
  • I'm literally functioning on coffee at this point with all the wedding prep etc., so this Mocha Espresso Cake has my name written all over it. How yummy does that look? Now if I could just get someone to bake it for me. Any volunteers? ;)



  • Have you been following all the action at Quilt Market? There's some stunning new fabric lines on the way, it's hard to choose a favorite but I did. At Home from Bonnie and Camille is gorgeous and I'm loving the colour palette of this one. Add this to your wish list people!
  • Ashleigh from Sewrella released her Knit Oh My Gourd Sweater and if you like cosy sweaters then you'll love this. The colour is gorgeous as well - perfect for those autumn days. I think I saw on Instagram that she is releasing the crochet version as well - I'll keep you updated.

  • I absolutely love this Red Heart Crochet Owl Pillow from Repeat Crafter Me. Sarah always has the cutest patterns and this one would delight any child, including us big ones. It's a free pattern and it looks super easy.
  • And to finish off this week, how about some scrappy quilt inspiration. Blue Elephant Stitches showed off her Rectangle Coin Quilt and it's a beauty. It looks vintage and it will have you pulling out the scrap bins and starting one of your own. No pattern, just inspiration and totally doable :)

So that's it for another week. I hope you found something new to create.

Next week is a big one. My newsletter comes out on Wednesday so make sure you check your inbox, I have a quick and easy No Bake Slice to share on Tuesday and a new monthly mini quilt pattern on Friday, plus I can't wait to share the books I've read this month on Saturday. Lots of fun stuff :)

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday :)


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

2 comments

  1. I really like the coin quilt and a great way to use up scraps. I love the way that the same fabric is kept nearby. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous Kay! I love the vintage feel and the simplicity. Stunning quilt :)

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊