Week Ending - December 1


Happy Sunday guys! Our hearts are full today - the wedding was so, so beautiful and it was such an honour to share Madeline and Michael's special day. It was a day full of love, family and friends and I haven't stop smiling since.  AND the weather held off you guys (YAY) - the sun shone and the wind dropped for the beautiful garden ceremony and all the official photos. There was an impressive thunderstorm much later in the afternoon as we all partied in the barn, but by then no one really cared. ;)

Thank you to everyone who reached out and sent emails with their congratulations and well wishes for our daughters wedding. We appreciate your kindness so much! Many of you have watched our little girl grow up here on the blog, and it meant the world to me that you took the time to wish her well.

I'll share more about the wedding soon, but earlier in the week I found some Christmas projects in those rare moments of scrolling through social media. Let's see what I found:

  • First up is this gorgeous Christmas Granny Square Blanket from Amanda Crochet's. There's nothing prettier than a simple granny square pattern and these blankets remind me of my childhood - my first blanket was a pink and white granny square one. These grow quickly, so you'll have time before Christmas. Grab your yarn and get started!
  • I love this Friendship Cottage Table Runner from Pat Sloan. The whimsical cottages are perfect for Christmas and because they're applique you can have this on the table in no time. I love the colours that Pat has chosen but you could sew this up in any combination. It's a free pattern and super cute!



  • The Snowy Frosted Candle Holders from Michelle at Crafty Morning are a great project to make with the kids. There's a tutorial to help and they look so pretty lit up. Add these to your must make list.
  • Kat from the Organised Housewife has some cute and fun Christmas Colouring Pages for you to download and print. Keep the kids busy while they're waiting for Santa and display them as part of your Christmas decor.
  • Aussie's love their pavlova's and they're a staple on the Christmas dinner table. I want to try these Mini Lemon Custard Pavola's from Taste Australia. They look yummy and a mini one isn't as naughty as a big slice is it? Yum!


  • Spin A Yarn Crochet is offering these gorgeous Crochet Mitten Ornaments as a free pattern, and I love these. They'd be cute on the Christmas tree but they would also be great to add to the top of gifts to add that handmade touch. There's two designs to choose from so pick your favorite or crochet both.
  • And finally, I love, love, love the 'Night Before Christmas Stocking from Molly and Mama. Lauren always designs the sweetest things and you're going to love it. It is a paid pattern but who could resist this sweet stocking hanging over the fireplace.

And that's it for another week. I hope I've inspired you to create with these gorgeous projects.

I'm releasing a new monthly mini quilt tomorrow and I can't wait to share the story behind this one. On Tuesday I'll be sharing the books I read during November and then on Friday I'll show you the Wedding Quilt - another busy week here on the blog!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday. I'm going to sit and look through all the photos from yesterday and relive a magical wedding :) My mumma's heart is so happy!


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊