Week Ending - December 8


Happy Sunday guys! I hope your week has been a kind one. Our house is decorated, the presents are wrapped and we're enjoying the lead up to Christmas - I've watched so many cheesy Christmas movies already, I love it!

Did you see that Pantone released the Colour of the Year for 2020? Classic Blue. I love, love, love it! Blue is my thing!


"Instilling calm, confidence and connection, this enduring blue hue highlights our desire for a dependable and stable foundation on which to build as we cross the threshold into a new era." - Pantone website.

Here's to a year of calm and reflection and lots of Classic Blue projects. :)

I've found seven Christmas inspired projects to tempt you this week, so here we go:

  • First up is the Fiddle Mats, Muffs and Cuffs pattern from Annie's Crochet. Fiddle mats are great gifts for the elderly or dementia patients. Adding textures and embellishments to simple quilts or blankets keeps them busy and it's calming to their senses. The link is for a paid pattern but you could use it as inspiration for your own projects.
  • I shared my Christmas Cake recipe a few weeks ago but what about a Spiced Chocolate Christmas Cake? How yummy does that sound? Might be worth a try.



  • I don't know about you but I think the bon bons you buy are overpriced and full of junk. I'm really loving these Handmade Christmas Napkin Bon Bons from Cottonwood and Co. They suit my family better (we don't need another gimicky keychain or bouncy ball) and they look elegant on the table and you can fill them with whatever you like. 
  • There's also these DIY Christmas Bon Bons from Scrapbook Creations. If you like paper crafts then follow along with the tutorial and make your own unique Bon Bons and pop something cute and useful to each of your guests - there's already enough waste at Christmas time.



  • Repeat Crafter Me has a free pattern for these Christmas Fingerless Gloves and how cute are they? The kids will love these and I'm wishing our Christmas didn't fall in the middle of summer ;) It's a free pattern and looks like lots of fun!
  • I love this Snowman Pillow Tutorial from Patchwork Posse, I mean who doesn't love a cute snowman or four right? There's also a quilt to inspire you so make sure you check this out!
  • And finally, this Glorious Quilt Pattern from Nadra Ridgeway is so pretty and perfect for snuggling under to watch Christmas movies. It's a paid pattern from the very talented Nadra Ridgway and make sure you check out all her Christmas patterns while you're there.

So that's it for another week. How is your Christmas crafting going? Are you all organised or feeling the pressure already? Take your time and enjoy what you're creating and make sure you look after you!

Next week on the blog I'm sharing a recipe for the yummiest Chunky Tomato and Chilli Relish and I've got a lovely idea that will give your family Christmas tree that personal touch, plus hopefully I'll show you the wedding quilt. We're still waiting on the professional photos from the day, so I'm waiting out for the ones she took of Madeline and Michael wrapped in the quilt - from where I was standing they looked gorgeous.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊