Week Ending - March 8

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers. Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely!  What a week it's been! The great #toiletpapergate of 2020 has caused fear, panic and greed in Australia. Hopefully things will die down soon and return to normal - none of it makes any sense and I worry for those who are struggling to cope with this insanity!

Are you ready for some more Easter inspired links to get you creating? There are so many wonderful projects out there, and I hope the ones I find help with your Easter planning, gift giving and decorating.

Let's see which projects inspired me this week:

  • First up are these Easter Egg Placemats from Crafty For Home. This is a fat quarter friendly project and there's a tutorial to help you sew your own egg shaped placemats. This would be a fun project to sew with the kids and you can co-ordinate your fabrics with your Easter colour scheme.
  • This week's must try Easter dessert recipe are these Mini Easter Cheesecakes from My Kitchen Craze. Such a simple and fun way to serve a cheesecake and I'm sure they'll be a hit with your guests. 


  • I love, love, love these Amigurumi Easter Eggs from Zeens and Roger. They are stunning and a wonderful way to decorate this Easter. There is a free pattern for the eggs and then you can be as creative as you want with the embroidery. So fun and really stunning!
  • If you're looking for decorating ideas then check out Joanna Gaines post Easter Table Ideas. She shares some wonderful, simple ways to create a stunning table and they all look so inviting. Go check them out!
  • Another must try recipe are these Hot Cross Buffins. They're a mix of Hot Cross Buns and Muffins and they look super delicious. If you're hesitant to try a traditional bun then these might be fun to try, and seriously, who can resist a muffin?



  • This stunning Easter Parade Quilt from Shontelle Stanyer is a definite must make quilt. Basket blocks are perfect for Easter and lots of fun to sew. I love the fabrics in this one too - they are an old Bonnie and Camille range and just perfect for this quilt. This is a paid pattern and looks heaps of fun! This quilt inspired me to start a basket quilt of my own and next week I'll show you my progress plus share the cutting requirements for the block I'm using. :)
  • And lastly, this HOPPY Easter Bench Pillow from Kimberbell Designs is just adorable. Unfortunately, it's available as a kit only (I tried the link to the pattern but it no longer exists), but how cute is that? The kids will love it, even the big kids like me. :)

So, that's it for another week. I hope they got your creative juices flowing!

Next week on the blog I'm sharing my new Easter Quilt progress and in my Classic Quilt Blocks series it's tutorial week for the Friendship Star. So fun!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊