Week Ending - May 3

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! How has your week been? We've been blessed with gorgeous sunny days and crisp autumn breezes.  The nights are super cold, so the quilts are out and everyone's snuggling. Hot chocolates are on the menu, soups are simmering on the stove top, and we're layered in winter woolens - just in time I might add, they hide those extra lockdown kilos we're carrying ;)

There's so much beauty at this time of year! I love the slow transition from summer to winter - it's the best of both seasons really!

I found some exciting projects for you this week, so let's go:

  • If you're looking for a crochet project then add The Old Fashioned Throw from Sewrella to your must make list. This is gorgeous and her colourway is perfect for autumn. It reminds me of my nan's throws - simple, snuggly and oh so pretty! It's a free pattern and looks great for beginners.
  • How about trying something different, like the Beginners Rug Braiding class from Betz White. This looks fun and it's available at a reasonable price to get you creating gorgeous rugs for every room in the house. Go check it out!
  • Kat from the Organised Housewife shared her Chocolate Brownie Cookies recipe, and these look amazing. I love a soft cookie and I'm adding this recipe to my must try list. Looks quick and easy and uses staple pantry ingredients! Yum!



  • Now's the time to organise and tidy the whole house if we want, and Melissa from Polka Dot Chair has a tutorial for these stunning Round Fabric Trinket Baskets on her blog which are perfect for storing anything. Aren't they darling? You could reorganise your whole sewing area with these cuties and have a little fun while you're doing it!
  • And while we're talking about organising, Jeni from In Color Order has lots of Tips for Keeping Your Sewing Table Organised and Clutter Free. There's lots of helpful tips in this post and check out her sewing space, it's gorgeous!
  • I love a good burger (Friday nights are usually burger nights for us) and I found this Fast and Easy Homemade Hamburger Bun recipe from Jen at Tatertots and Jello. This recipe promises buns in less than one hour, so I'm definitely giving this a try.



  • Two of Wands dropped their Summer Safari Collection and there are so many gorgeous projects in this bunch. There are eight knitting and crochet projects in this release, and if you like making wearables, you'll love this collection. I think the Horizon Wrap will be first on my hook, or maybe the Field Trip Tote or maybe the Ranger Fringe Scarf - too many delightful choices!

And that's it for another week. I hope you found something fun to keep you busy! Next week on the blog, I have a new Classic Quilt Block for you and I'm sharing a recipe for Mother's Day that wraps up my childhood in a cupcake liner - it's a oldie but a goodie!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday! Stay safe and healthy!


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

2 comments

  1. Thanks for the link to the article on organization. She has a lot of really useful stuff in there--and a lovely sewing space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's very organised and her sewing space is amazing! Hope it gave you some great tips Catherine :)

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊