Week Ending - June 21

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! How's your week been? I've been busy with blog projects and I still haven't decided how I'm going to use the Super Bloom fabrics that arrived this week. They're sitting on the cutting table tempting me to play, so I should just cut into them, right? I'll keep you posted on what I decide to sew.

There was lots of wonderful inspiration around the crafting community this week, so let's see what inspired me:

  • To celebrate her 40th birthday, Sarah from Repeat Crafter Me released the Crochet Stacked Scoop Ice Cream Cone pattern. This is so fun and what a great decoration it would make for birthday parties. It's a free pattern and don't forget to wish her a Happy Birthday while you're there.
  • I'm adding the New Way To Cake book to my must by list. The recipes in here sound amazing and the flavours are inspired by Benjamina's time on the Great British Bake Off. The reviews sound great and the hunt is on to find a copy in Australia.
  • Amy from Diary of A Quilter released a tutorial for her Flying Flags Quilt. This is so eye catching and it has a folk art feel to it. As always, Amy's instructions look super easy to follow and you'll have your own quilt in no time. Head over to her blog for all the details.



  • Have you ever thought about knitting your own socks? Not sure where to begin? BHooked Crochet has a comprehensive tutorial for the First Time Sock Knitter and this is such a helpful resource. She's releasing the tutorial in weekly installments so make sure you follow her to see them all.
  • I was wishing for summer when I saw this Watermelon Smoothie recipe from I Heart Naptime. It's quick and easy and looks so refreshing. Adding this to my list for the summer months after this long cold winter!



  • Did you see Sheri's sneak peek of her A Quilting Life Monthly Planner? This looks so sweet and what a great resource for organising life and your quilting projects. The best part is it's undated so you'll be able to start as soon as it arrives. Keep an eye on Sheri's blog for preorders and sneak peeks of what's inside.
  • And how about a little desk organisation? My craft supplies and stationary are a mess at the moment and in desperate need of culling. Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie has lots of tips for Desk Organizing Solutions and you can use these for sewing supplies as well.

And that's it for another week. I hope there was something there to interest you.

Next week on the blog, we'll be sewing a cute Jacobs Ladder mini quilt in my Classic Quilt Blocks series, and I might give you a look at the Super Bloom fabrics that arrived. Fun!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday! Stay safe and well.


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊