Week Ending - September 13

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! I hope you've had a fantastic week! I'm so glad you're all enjoying the Economy block in my Classic Quilt Blocks series, I've had lots of lovely messages and emails and I can't wait to see what you all make.

I have so many projects on the go at the moment, and one of them is an experiment - a garden craft experiment to be exact. I've taken some before photos and some how to photos, and now I'll just wait a month or so to see if this works. I'm hoping it does because it may be interesting to some of you as well, and I plan on sharing. If it doesn't you wont see them, so just forget I mentioned it! ;)

I did make some minor changes to my Christmas quilt design once the fabrics arrived and I could see how they work together, and I think I'm finally ready to start cutting and sewing - maybe today, but the weather is so nice we might go for a drive!

OK, let's see what I found this week to inspire you:

  • Alexandra from Two Of Wands has designed a yarn collection with Lion Brand Yarn called Hue and Me. The colours in this range are so pretty. To celebrate the launch she has released some gorgeous free patterns and there's a mix of crochet and knit projects. The link HERE will take you to the main Bloglovin page so you can see them all. So fun and what a gorgeous yarn range.
  • Looking for something different for lunch? Yesterday we tried Kat's (The Organised Housewife) Mexican Chicken Salad Sandwich Filling and it was delicious. I brought some soft ploughman's dough buns to have with it and it was a hit with everyone! 
  • Maureen Cracknell shared Week One of the Sweet Home Quilt Along running from Sept 9 to Oct 14. It's not too late to join in and you will need to purchase a copy of the pattern to participate. All the details are on Maureen's blog.



  • I don't care what hubby says, you can never have too many craft bags ;) I love, love, love the Go Easy Tote pattern from Comfort Stitching - isn't it great? There's plenty of room for your projects, tools and accessories, and it's perfect for craft days or to store your current project. All the details and link to purchase the pattern are on Aneela's blog.
  • Did you see the Moda Honey Bun Quilt Along? I missed the announcement, but I saw lots of people joining in and making gorgeous blocks with Honey Bun strips. You can find all the details on the website including tips, tutorials and some inspiration to get you digging into those scrap bins!



  • Sarah from Repeat Crafter Me released this adorable Crochet Pocket Storage Triangle pattern which looks super fun and easy. It's a clever way to store your hooks and scissors etc. and she gives you all the details in her free pattern.
  • I found the lovely Emily from Handmade Farmhouse on Instagram and her blog is a real treat. She has a wonderful post on Learning Watercolour Basics in 7 Days. If you've thought of trying watercolour painting but not sure where to start, then give her post a read - there's lots of tips and links to help you start.

And that's it for another week! I hope you found some new projects to create in the days ahead.

I have some fun things planned for the blog next week, including looking at the Economy Block as a building block in my Classic Quilt Blocks series, so I hope you join me!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and stay well!


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊