Week Ending - September 6

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! I hope you're week has been kind to you. Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there, especially my dad and my wonderful husband - you guys are the greatest dad's I know. Love you both!

My Christmas fabrics finally arrived late on Friday. Australia Post have been swamped with deliveries since Covid, but it's finally here and oh so pretty! I'll take some photos and give you a peek at the Christmas quilt I've got planned for you, later next week.

I found seven wonderful projects for you this week, and I didn't have a theme in mind so I simply picked my favorites. Let's go:

  • I have Joanna Gaines second cookbook which I love, but Magnolia shared her Dulce de Leche Apple Pie recipe from the first book and now I need to find a copy. Yummo!  After Christmas we'll be swamped in apples, so I'm bookmarking this one to try later.
  • Would you like to win 500 Caron Cakes? Oh yes please! Repeat Crafter Me shared all the details on The Great Caron Cake Off that runs until the 10/10/2020. There's a free recipe book full of crochet projects to inspire you, and there's virtual classes and extra prizes to tempt you. So fun!
  • And for the fabric lovers, there's a Jelly Roll of the new Apricot and Ash fabric from Corey Yoder up for grabs? Melissa from the Happy Quilter is giving one away in her Terrific Tuesday Giveaway Day and entries close soon, so be quick!



  • Looking for a Tiny Bears Claw Block pattern? Lean Day has a video tutorial for this cute little block. This is part of a her Mini Block Monday series and there are lots of other fun blocks linked up HERE for you to try!  
  • The Fat Quarter Shop released a Exclusive Cross Stitch Alphabet Pattern and this is perfect for personalizing gifts or projects. There's a few free video tutorials to get you started, but you do need to purchase the PDF Alphabet first. Lots of fun!
  • I really loved the Seaside Layer Cake Quilt. It's a new pattern from Sheri at A Quilting Life and PDF patterns are now available. If you love stars (and I know you do) then you'll love this quilt.



  • Last but not least, we're having the Deep Dish Pizza from A Beautiful Mess for dinner tonight. I love a deep pizza base and I'm looking forward to trying this one. I'll be adding a few extra toppings because that's what Aussies do, but it will be a nice easy dinner for us! 

And that's it! Seven fun projects to inspire you to create. What was your favorite this week?

Next week on the blog, I'll show you the Christmas fabrics, plus in my Classic Quilt Blocks series it's tutorial week and we'll be sewing a Economy Block - so fun!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely!


Happy quilting :)
email signature

2 comments

  1. Remind me not to read your blog when I'm hungry! Now I'm thinking about apple pie and that deep dish pizza. I love the economy block and can't wait to see what you do with it. Thank you for all the little shout outs to other project ideas. I've now got to go look up a few.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh that apple pie looks amazing doesn't it? The deep pan pizza was very yummy too btw ;). I'm so glad your excited about the economy block. It seems to be a very popular block and we're going to have a fun month :)

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊