Week Ending - October 25

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! I hope your week has been a kind one! Thanks so much for all the Candy Apple love, I had so much fun with this pattern and I hope you enjoy sewing projects using my free block.

It's baby shower day, and we're having a relaxed afternoon tea with fun games and sweet sentiments at a quaint cafe in the center of town. The building has history, it's full of charm and it has a very calming atmosphere which we love. We're looking forward to a wonderful celebration with family and friends - our little prince is due in just over five weeks now, the time has flown!

I have some wonderful projects for you this week, so let's see what I found:

  • If you do have Trick or Treat where you live this year, Eryn from Cotton Stem shared a simple project to raise awareness of children with allergies. Her children painted and decorated Teal Pumpkins so trick or treaters know there house has non food treats - then no one feels left out or disappointed. This is such a great idea, so consider joining too!
  • The sweet Annette from Azure Farm shared her Fall Garbanzo Chili recipe and this looks amazing. Annette enjoys a plant based diet and this is perfect for those weekly no meat meals. I'll have to substitute a few things because of where I live, but this is going on my list to try! Plus, she's linked five other chili recipes as well which you might enjoy!



  • Lissa Alexander has a new book Scrap School coming out in February 2021 and you'll want to get your hands on this I'm sure. There are nine designers contributing twelve scrappy patterns, and just the ones on the cover are amazing - can't wait to see what's inside. Keep on the lookout for this one!
  • I usually share Daisy Farm Crafts crochet projects, but lately they have been sharing some wonderful recipes. This Carrot Cake looks amazing! Go on over and see all their recipes and discover a new favorite.
  • Repeat Crafter Me has some super cute Crochet Christmas Buddy Bookmarks. The book worms in your life will love these (me, me, me!). There's a few designs to choose from and you'll love make all of them :)



  • While you've got the yarn out, how about a sweet Gingerbread Cup Cozy? This is a free pattern from Okie Girl Bling 'n' Things and what a great gift idea. The pattern looks nice and easy, so grab your yarn and go!
  • And last but not least something a little different - Simple and Soothing Herbal Bath Soak Recipes. For the baby shower, I thought long and hard about the perfect gift and the "mummy" wisdom I wanted to share with our daughter - hands down it's self care! Beautiful bath products, mitts, brushes, oils and candles etc. will remind her to make time to relax and take care of herself.  I started with this article on DIY Bath Soaks and added luxurious products, some store brought, some DIY. Is there someone you know that needs a gentle reminder to look after themselves? Or maybe it's time you took sometime for yourself :) Enjoy!

And that's it for another week! I hope you found some inspiration :)

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely!


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

2 comments

  1. I so agree that self care is important for mothers, it is something that I neglected and was often overwhelmed by having young children. Quite often when someone has a baby at church I give a pampering kit to the mother instead of a traditional baby gift, people are often inundated with baby presents but it is the mother who is doing all the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loved her pamper gift! We do forget to look after ourselves and if I could give her one piece of advice for motherhood, I think that would be it! I'm so thankful she's on maternity leave right now, and taking a bit of time for herself - being a mum is tiring and hard work so it's a little recharge :)

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊