Week Ending - November 29

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! How has your week been? I've had a quiet week at home, filling my days with housework, gardening, mum's birthday, cooking all the things and a little sewing. It was a good week. :)

Still no baby yet! His forty weeks are up, but apparently he didn't get the memo. ;) This little man is in no hurry to join our family, but he has to come soon - poor mumma is a little over being pregnant at this stage! The doctor wont let her go any longer than December 7 and will schedule an inducement, but I pray he comes on his own before that. :)

I found some wonderful Christmas projects to share with you this week, so let's go:

  • The Fat Quarter Shop released their DIY Foam Fabric Wreath tutorial and this is a interesting project. It's made using Jelly Roll strips and I think you could make it more festive with the fabrics and embellishments you choose. Have a look and see what you think!
  • I can almost smell this Whipped Gingerbread Sugar Scrub Recipe from Amy at The Idea Room. This would make a lovely and fragrant gift idea for girlfriends or sewing buddies. It sounds good enough to eat!
  • I love following Annette and her family at Azure Farm, and this week she posted a Christmas Home Tour. There's lots of wonderful ideas to give your home that warm and inviting touch this season, and Annette makes it look effortless. She loves to decorate with nature and she has some wonderful ideas. There's also some links at the end of the post you might enjoy!



  • How adorable is this Crochet Christmas Baby Sweater from the girls at Daisy Farm Crafts. I love this and I think they need to offer in adult sizes too, for us big kids ;) The pattern looks super easy and I'm off to buy yarn today!
  • These Cranberry Sable Christmas Cookies from Funky Forty are look too good not to try. Apparently they melt in the mouth and are quick to bake, so I'm baking a batch for us to enjoy while we decorate the tree next week.



  • Damjana from Apple Green Cottage shared a tutorial for these super cute DIY Christmas Gift Tags. This is such a fun idea and so much better than store brought. Grab your scrap bins and get creative!
  • And finally, I love these DIY Heart Shaped Christmas Ornaments from I Can Sew This. Homemade ornaments are the best and you could add names and make one for every member of the family to hang on the tree.

And that's it for this week! I hope they have you itching to create.

Next week I have a new mini quilt pattern for you and hopefully some news about bub's arrival!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and well :)


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

2 comments

  1. Hi Rose,
    Thank you so much for mentioning e in your blog.
    I hope you enjoyed your cranberry cookies.

    Big Hugs
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Yvonne they were so yummy! I think I ate way too many - tis the season;) great recipe!

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊