Samara Mini Quilt PDF Pattern

Mini quilts may be small in size, but they're super fun to sew! They're a fast finish with less commitment, and every month I add a new design to my pattern family to tempt you!


Let's kick start this wonderful new year with a mini quilt pattern, shall we? I've had this pattern in my design books for months, so it's exciting to finally add my Samara Mini Quilt Pattern to my pattern family.

Samara is a girl's name of Hebrew origin meaning "under God's rule", and girls with this name are said to be exotic and lovely. It's also the name of the winged seeds, like whirligigs, that fall from the maple tree - you'd have to agree it was the perfect name for this mini quilt.


Pinwheels or whirligigs, I love them all! Whether they're simple and sweet or a little more complex like these ones, you're guaranteed a feminine quilt with lots of gorgeous movement. 

I used my stash of Pepper and Flax fabrics from Corey Yoder for this mini quilt. It's an older fabric line, but still one of my favorites. The tones are gorgeous, and I adore the pretty, delicate prints. I've added fabric swatches and numbers to the PDF pattern to help you recreate this palette or to help you select colour values.


Samara is a foundation paper pieced mini quilt pattern and it's not as complicated as it looks. There's literally five quick and easy sections to paper piece, however you have to repeat these sections sixteen times in total! 

I think its suitable for all quilting levels, but if you need some help with foundation paper piecing or want to learn this technique in 2021, then take a look at my tutorials - there's plenty of links, tips/tricks and even some practice blocks to get you started:


Samara is a 16" square mini quilt which is constructed in four blocks, but you could enlarge the templates to make one block if you wish - I liked how they all worked together and created the secondary patterns. You could also make as many blocks as you want and sew a full sized quilt.


The Samara Mini Quilt PDF Pattern includes full sized templates and step by step instructions and diagrams to make construction easy and effortless. There's also a colouring sheet to help you plan your fabric/colours prior to committing to sew.

I've also included optional instructions for adding a hanging sleeve or corner hangers, and I've added any tips and tricks I feel might help you as you sew your own Samara mini quilt.


If you would like to purchase a copy of the Samara Mini Quilt PDF Pattern, then patterns are now available in my Etsy shop, and from today until the end of January 2021, they are available at the introductory price of $4.95 (AU) + taxes were applicable.

Simply click on the link below to grab your PDF pattern now:


I hope you enjoy sewing Samara and I can't wait to see what colour combinations you use for this quilt. Have fun and please tag me in your creations - I love to see how you interpret my patterns. :)

PIN FOR LATER


Happy quilting :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊