Week Ending - January 17

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! How's your week been? Since I've started sharing Valentine's Day ideas with you, I thought I'd continue the theme for the next few Week Ending posts and inspire you to create for this day of love.

There's so many wonderful ideas out there, so here's a few to get you motivated and thinking about Valentine's Day projects. Let's go:

  • Sarah from My Sanity Project has a lovely tutorial for a Heart Garland. It's simple and sweet and you could use some of those pretty fabrics you've been saving. There's a photo tutorial and a You Tube video to help you make your own.
  • A great idea for the kids are these Valentine's Fruit Wands from Amanda at A Few Short Cuts. All you need is watermelon and strawberries and you'll have a healthy treat for those little Valentine's in your life.



  • How about a DIY Valentine's Heart Pom Pom Tree? Brittany from the House That Lars Built has the tutorial for this pom pom hack in her shop, and this little tree looks so cute. I love the hearts, but you could also use this as inspiration and hang simple pom poms in Valentine's Day colours as well. I do have a tutorial for an easy crochet heart coming next week that you could also use.
  • Who doesn't love a handwritten message, and how sweet would they be in these DIY Valentine Fabric Envelopes from Peek A Boo Pages? These are so easy to sew and Amy walks you through with her step by step tutorial.
  • Another quick and easy decorating idea is the Ribbon Heart Drop Cloth Pillow from Home Talk. This is really lovely and you could switch it up and use any fabric you want. The kids might like to help with this one!



  • The Heart Meringue Cookies from Crafty Morning are on my must make list. Everyone loves meringue and a plate of these would look so pretty for your Valentine's Day celebrations. I cant wait to try these! 
  • One of my favorite Granny Square patterns is the Heart Granny Square from Amanda at Red Agape. Sadly she's not designing anymore but the link is still live and available and if you haven't tried this granny square before, well now's the time! So cute!

And that's it for this week. I hope these Valentine's Day projects have got you planning and thinking about ways to celebrate this special day with your family.

Next week on the blog is pretty jam packed. I have a free FPP Heart block pattern for you to sew, and a cute little heart to crochet, plus I'll be sharing layout options and block variations in my Classic Quilt Blocks Shoo Fly series. So fun!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and well :)
 

Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊