Week Ending - April 11

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! How was your Easter? Hubby took some extra time off work and we had such a lovely break. The weather was perfect, the company was wonderful and it felt good to slow down and recharge.

I hope you enjoyed some down time with your family as well - it's so precious!

Let's have a look at the projects I found for you this week. There's lots to inspire and they're all fun and wonderful:

  • Mother's Day is the next celebration to plan for, and U Create some fun DIY Quilt Block Coasters which showcase some of our favorite blocks. This is a fun painting project and I think any quilting mum or quilter would love these. Go check them out!
  • I tried these Cauliflower Tacos from Chocolate Covered Katie last night and they were delicious - even the men loved them! It was such an easy meal to put together and much nicer and healthier than takeaway. Give them a try!



  • I have a tubs of yarn I need to use up (so I can buy more) and I've decided to crochet a few of the All Purpose Waffle Stitch Dishcloth pattern from I Can Crochet That. Maddi and I are trying to run toxic free homes and go back to basics, so these will be practical and useful all over the house. I've made one already and it's an easy pattern to follow. 
  • If you're looking for a fat quarter friendly pattern, Kitchen Table Quilting released The Taylor Quilt Pattern and it's so fun. It's bright and colourful and a very clever design. You will need to purchase the pattern and I think this could be your go to quilt for gifts or to whip up a quick festive quilt. Love it!
  • Jamielyn from I Heart Naptime has some great ideas for setting up a Baked Potato Bar. This is a fun and easy way to entertain and who doesn't love a loaded baked potato? She's provided all her tips for making your potato bar a success with guests, and all the info on what to include. Yum!




  • Charise from Charise Creates released this stunning Hello Spring free paper piecing pattern. Isn't it gorgeous? You know I love me some paper piecing and I can't wait to give this one a try. Head on over to her blog and download your free pattern today.
  • And for something a little different, how about the Crochet Cactus from Repeat Crafter Me? This is cute and non prickly and it would make a fun decor piece in a child's bedroom or playroom. I'm not a cactus fan but I love this! Go see for yourself! 

And that's it for this week. I hope these projects inspire you!

The Easter break has put me behind on blog projects, but next week I will start a three part Classic Quilt Block series - sorry it's a week late, the Easter break has made me sluggish! Keep an eye out for that and I've also got a quick and easy recipe for you!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and well!


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊