Week Ending - July 25

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! How has your week been?

I've been busy working on projects and blog posts, including a new Classic Quilt Block and a new mini quilt pattern. These will be released next month and I can't wait - it feels good to be sewing and creating again after feeling so blah for so long!

I've also been writing an article for National Sewing Month. I love working with the team from FaveQuilts and they've got a lot of fun things planned for September. I'll keep you updated.

Let's have a look at the projects I found for you this week:

  • Have you seen the American Quilter's Sew Along yet? I missed it, but they are only six weeks in and you have time to catch up and download the free patterns. If you love quilt blocks you're going to love this quilt, so head over and check it out :)
  • You must try this Chocolate Banana Bread from Amy at the Idea Room. My favorite thing to find is over ripe banana's and I try every banana recipe I find - and love them all. It was a huge hit in our house, so bake a loaf today.



  • Gillian from Tales From A Happy House crocheted this gorgeous Granny Square Top. She used a pattern from Little Golden Nook which she's linked it in her blog post. I think this has so many possibilities and with the right yarns/colours you could make yourself something beautiful. 
  • Growing a garden is trial and error, and when things don't go to plan we look for advice. I'm part of a few garden groups and while I learn some things, I'm left confused by the conflicting advice that's offered. I've decided it's time to use one source only, and for me it's The Practical Australian Gardener book by Peter Cundall. Aussie gardeners, you need this book. Peter gives you week by week tasks and clear advice and this book has become my gardening bible! 
  • There's nothing sweeter than a baby and their lovey, and the Crochet Donkey Lovey from Whistle and Ivy is the cutest. It's a free pattern and it looks pretty easy, plus it's something different to the bunny and teddy patterns available.



  • How good does this Cookies and Cream Sheet Cake look from Sally's Baking Addiction? I mean look at that thick layer of Oreo whipped cream on top!!!! I've got to try this! Maddi's birthday is next Sunday so guess what I'll be making?
  • Suzy Quilts has a fantastic article 8 Tips for Quilting with Chronic Pain and Illness that every quilter needs to read. The tips in here are invaluable and supportive, and they're shared by someone who has dealt with chronic pain and illness, Jenni Grover. Hopefully this article will help those who need it and share it around - it's important to support all our quilting buddies!  

And that's it for another week. I hope there's an inspiring project in this list to get you creating.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and well!


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊