Week Ending - May 1

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! I hope you're doing well.

Sadly there was no Easter for our family, with everyone testing positive on or around Good Friday.  We've spent the last few weeks recovering, but Covid fatigue is real, and motivation is at an all-time low - it's really knocked the wind out of our sails :(

I do have a lovely secret I've been bursting to share. We have a little grand-daughter due at the end of August! We're super excited to welcome this little Miss into our family, and we can't wait to see Landon in the role of big brother. We are truly blessed to be grand-parents to these precious babies!

I'm trying to get things back to normal, so let's see some of the projects I've been bookmarking for you as I recovered:

  • How sweet are these Mini Crocheted Jellyfish from Sarah at Repeat Crafter Me? I think they're adorable and the kids will have fun playing with these. You could string a few together to make a bunting for their room, or you could use them as embellishments on clothing or blankets. So fun!
  • We need to use up the last of our apple harvest and I found this Mini Apple Pie Trifle recipe from The Savvy Muma Lifestyle blog so I thought I'd give it a try. I think we're over apple pies and crumbles, so this will be a nice alternative.
  • Mother Thyme shared her No-Sew Lemons pattern and this is cute. They would look lovely on a tiered tray or in a bowl on the kitchen bench. They are perfect for those in spring and such a quick project.



  • Its autumn in Australia, so there's always soup on and I want to try the Crockpot Lentil Soup recipe from Well Plated next week. It looks delicious and a soul warming meal on these cooler nights.
  • Have you seen the gorgeous Flower Farm fabrics from Bunny Hill Designs yet? These will be available in August and they're so sweet. If you love pinks and reds, you'll want to add these to your wish list and the Fat Quarter Shop is taking pre-orders.



  • Two Of Wands released a pattern for Earth Day (unfortunately it's no longer free) for her Two Towel Patterns. She does this every year and I love the texture of these. Part of the pattern proceeds go to Cool Earth, and it's a practical way to do our bit for the planet.
  • I've listened to a tonne of podcasts while recovering, and I love that Sarah Joy has her own podcasts now. She is a breath of fresh air on social media, and I love everything she does. Make sure you listen to her Simple Ways to Practice Positivity - you'll love her!

And that's it for this week! I hope you enjoy these projects.

I won't be releasing a mini quilt this month, so I'll keep Grace on special for a little longer. I can't thank you enough for the support and love you gave this pattern. I've had some amazing feedback and the fabric combinations people used made me so proud - clever peoples!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and well :)


Happy Week Ending :)





2 comments

  1. I always enjoy your posts. You bring a ray of sunshine to all.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊