Week Ending - May 8

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers. Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely and Happy Mother's Day! I hope your week has been kind!

We've been enjoying that amazing cosy autumn weather. Pumpkin spice has been drifting through the house and I've watched a lot of classic autumn movies - have you seen The Odd Life of Timothy Green on Disney Plus? This movie is autumn and it's such a beautiful story!

I did find some projects for you this week, so let's go:

  • I have so many crocheted throws on my must make, so why not add another right? The Cora Blanket from I Can Crochet That is stunning and super easy! It uses the Hue and Me yarn range (which I love, and I can source here in Australia). So pretty!
  • I tried this Baked San Choy Bau Fried Rice recipe from Taste Australia earlier in the week, and yum! The rice bulks it out and leaves you feeling satisfied. I'll be making this one again and again.



  • I also made the Roasted Pumpkin and Feta Protein Pasta from San Remo. This was delicious but next time I'll add some spinach, mainly because I love spinach and it felt like it needed a little something extra. It's super easy and perfect for that quick dinner that's packed with flavour.
  • I book marked these Textured Herringbone Moss Stitch Crocheted Mittens from Han Jan Crochet. The pattern is a freebie and I love the texture of these, plus they're mittens and I find them easier than gloves. Can't wait to try these.
  • Since it's Mother's Day you can take the time for self-care. The Simplicity Habit has a post with 9 Ways to Practice Self-Care On A Cozy Fall Day, and some of these activities can be done all year long. Take some time for yourself today, you deserve it!



  • Quilting Digest has a great post to Create a Wonderful Finish with a Super Spiral. If you're looking for your next quilting design, then give this a try. All the links are in the post and there's a You Tube video so you can see it in action.
  • If it's spring where you live, you might like to crochet these Easy Flower Doilies from Crocheted Love. You can brighten up that special space in your home or make some to gift. The instructions look easy, and I think you'll enjoy working on these.


And that's it for another week. I hope you found some fun to create next week!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and well!


Happy Week Ending :)

1 comment

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊