Week Ending - June 19

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers. Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! I hope your week has been kind!

It's less than nine weeks until our precious granddaughter arrives, so today mummy and I are off to buy all of the things. This pregnancy has been hard on Maddi. She was hospitalised at the start of April (that's how we all caught Covid), and since then she's needed help 24/7 due to a pelvis issue. 

Thankfully a wonderful chiropractor has given her relief and movement without crutches, and we're looking forward to a fun day of shopping for our little princess! If she's up to it, we might even go somewhere fun for lunch. :)

I did find some fun projects for you this week, so let's go:

  • It's winter here, but I love looking at everyone's spring/summer gardens. It inspires me and helps me plan. I follow Ramona and Aaron on social media and I thought you might enjoy their You Tube channel Monalogue. Not only do their share their cottage garden, but they also take you on tours of the most exquisite English gardens.  One to watch for sure!
  • I made this Creamy Chicken Pasta Soup from Taste Australia on Wednesday and it was delicious. It is just like your nanna's pot pie, and it was super easy. I'll definitely be making this one again very soon, maybe for my craft girls! 
  • I have some left over Hue and Me yarn that would be perfect for a scarf or two for Landon. I did a search and found the Child's Scarf Pattern from Moose Mouse Creations and I love this one because it has the slot to hold the scarf in place. I'm looking forward to making him a few to keep him warm and toasty!



  • I also tried the Microwave Rice Pudding recipe from Taste Australia this week. No one likes rice pudding in this house, so this was the perfect option for me - I can have some whenever I like. I halved the recipe and cooked one (you can't halve an egg, so I used a small egg and it worked fine). It was quick and easy and a nice treat to have for dessert.
  • I love the Stay Awhile Boho Blanket and Pillow Set from Sisters in Stitch. This looks so cosy and chunky, and the pattern looks easy to crochet. Read the story behind the design and follow the links to purchase the pattern. So pretty!



  • Self-care is important at any time of the year, but I think winter is when we need to be kinder to ourselves. Jessie J Wang has a post on 61 Best Winter Self Care Ideas and these involve connection, hydration and sleep, diet and supplements, plus lots of creative ways to move you out of the cold season slump and nurture your body and soul. There's also a free challenge to try and it's a fun reminder to make yourself important too!
  • I've fallen in love with the Nutmeg fabric line from Basic Grey. This line will be available in October and the colours are rich and the prints are so pretty. The Fat Quarter Shop is taking pre-orders and I can't wait for this to be released.

And that's it for another week! I hope you found something new to create.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and well :)


Happy Week Ending :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊