Week Ending - July 17

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week.


Happy Sunday lovely! How has your week been?

I've had one of those weeks where everything I touched either broke or went wrong :( What can you do? Wallow about it or pick yourself back up? I've opted to be positive and I'm hoping next week will be a better one :)

I did find some wonderful projects for you to create, so let's go:

  • Edelweiss is a stunning free pattern from Annie Design Crochet. The flower motif is delicate and sweet, and the blanket has a vintage vibe. This would add that old world feel to your home and in the right yarn, it would make a lovely christening blanket. 
  • My oven blew up this week, so I tried the Chicken Stew recipe from Spend with Pennies. This was delicious but be warned, there are a lot of ingredients in this one. It was worth it though, and I could cook in on the stovetop in my dutch oven.



  • The Twisted Log Cabin Quilt Block Pattern from Penny Spool Quilts is such a fun variation of this classic quilt block. She's put together some pretty layout suggestions and the block pattern is available for purchase in her shop. So fun! 
  • I do want to try the Greek Yoghurt Cream Cheese Lemon Coffee Cake recipe from Lovely Little Kitchen. This looks delicious, and it will be a lovely treat for my craft girls - just need them to fix my oven first!



  • I love the Anthropologie Inspired Long Pillow pattern from Sarah- Jayne at Bella Coco Crochet. This one has lots of lovely texture and it's a free pattern with very clear instructions and videos to help you create your own. So sweet! 
  • The Bubble Crochet Pumpkin Pillow from Knotted Nest, is one for you to bookmark for Fall/Halloween. If you start crocheting now, you'll have a lovely decoration ready for the spooky season. It's fun and easy and definitely one to try.
  • Make it- Love it has a tutorial for a Handlebar Bag for Your Kids Bike which is super cute. It looks easy and fun, and the kids will love choosing fabrics for this project. There's step-by-step photos to make it easy for you and it's a great summer project!

And that's it for another week! I hope you found something to create.

I want to make a dove cote for our back yard, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a pattern or tutorial to help me get started - I'd appreciate your help!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and well :)


Happy Week Ending :)

2 comments

  1. I love your blog posts. There’s always something fun and inspiring to see or read about. Thank you for the eclectic things that you share. I have so many projects going at once and need to get organized- why do I not want to stop and do that!? Your comment how everything is breaking describes well how we sometimes get loud reminders to take stock. Sometimes we have external events to remind us to slow down. That’s what my lesson should be from my week. Good for you for finding a way to make a yummy stovetop dish and savor the process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased you enjoy the Week Ending posts, they are inspiring!
      This year has certainly been a challenge and there's been lots of "life detours", but you have to stay positive and hope that tomorrow you can get back to the things that make you happy :) Take care!

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊