Week Ending - July 24

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! I hope your week has been kind!

I've been getting ready to sow some seeds for spring. I've planned my garden layout, I've made room in the glasshouse, and my seed raising mix has been mixed and ready. I'm growing seedlings for dad as well this year, so we've been brain storming plant varieties etc. - it's such a fun thing to do with dad, and I learn so much!

It's still cold here, but the bulbs are starting to pop up and I found a hyacinth the other day almost ready to burst into flower - I love these little previews of spring!

I did find some very inspiring projects for you this week, so let's go:

  • I love the Fall Crochet Centerpiece Pattern from Winding Road Crochet. A crocheted pumpkin adds so much warmth to the home, and even if it's not fall where you live, you can use it for Halloween in October. This is a free pattern and there's a video tutorial to help you create your own.
  • The Spinach and Feta Brownie recipe from Hungry Happens looks delicious. It says its the lazy person's spinach pie and who doesn't love a quick and easy recipe? I'm absolutely going to make this one next week.



  • I also want to try the Coffee Kisses recipe from You Can Bake It Too. They look easy, they sound delicious, and this coffee lover can't wait to make a batch - I don't plan on sharing these with anyone either ;)
  • If you love embroidery, then the Flower Wreath pattern from Embroidery by Sia is a must make. It's so pretty and there's a video tutorial to help you and explain the techniques used. This would look so sweet in a bedroom as a wall hanging or made as a cushion front.



  • I thought the DIY Toothbrush Travel Wrap from The Yellow Birdhouse was clever. It's lined with toweling, so it's more environmentally friendly and its reusable, unlike a zip lock bag. There's a step-by-step photo tutorial to help you out and wouldn't one of these be perfect for your next trip away?
  • I get a lot of emails regarding my Daisy Wheel cushion, and unfortunatley the pattern is no longer available. I did find the Flower Power Cushion pattern from This Pixie Creates and it is similar. It's a free pattern and looks adorable.
  • The Desert Dunes Mosaic Blanket from MJ's Off the Hook Designs is a gorgeous free pattern which I plan on trying someday ;) There's different colour options to inspire you, and you could switch up the palette for each season. So pretty!

And that's it for another week! I hope you found a new project or two to work on during the week!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and well :)


Happy Week Ending :)

2 comments

  1. I'm always bummed to realize that the amazing pictures of yummy deserts as your main picture don't have recipes included! :(
    Are they listed somewhere or are they just tantalizing eye candy with zero calorie content?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry those photos bum you out! Yes, all the photos I use as the main Week Ending Posts are from past projects and recipes available on my blog. If you go to the recipe tab at the top I have them in categories, and this weeks photo is my Banana and Walnut Cake with Maple Syrup Glaze.
      The reason I don't relink my photos is because my Week Ending posts are my way of sharing who inspires me, or introducing you to blogs/websites you might not have found otherwise. It's all about those seven people and not me! :) Sorry if that has been annoying for you, but feel free to look through my recipes and bake something delicious :)

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊