Week Ending - August 14

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! I hope this week has been creative and fun!

Time has been limited for me creatively, but I did work on my new crochet Christmas blanket. I can't wait to share this with you, but I feel it's going to take me awhile to finish. It's fun and it's challenging and I'll share more soon!

I've did find seven very inspiring projects for you this week, so let's go:

  • The Quarter Circle Blanket pattern from Yarnspirations is super fun. It's something new to try and it will be a funky addition to your home. I'm sure the kids would love one and you could make it as colourful as you want.
  • My must try recipe this week is the Lemon Almond Torta from Travelers Lunchbox. Oh man this looks and sound delicious and although it's a little work, I'm sure it's worth it. Have a look for yourself, I'm sure you'll want to try it as well.



  • I love this Sakura Cabled Mandala Pillow from Lilla Bjorn. It's a free pattern and those pom poms make it adorable. The pattern is well written and looks easy to follow. If you want to cosy up that reading chair, then give this project a try.
  • Sewing Times has a cute DIY Cosmetic Zipper Pouch tutorial for you to sew. You could make a few of these for school fairs, or gifts at Christmas. The tutorial has step by step photos to help you, and I'm sure you could use these pouches for any number of things.
  • I have two potting benches in the garden, but I want this Potting Bench with Hidden Garbage Doors (hint hint hubby!). There are free building plans for you to download (and leave on the fridge for hubby to see!) and there's some progress photo's to inspire you. Help me convince hubby to build this for me!



  • I loooooove the Striped Bunny Baby Lovey pattern from Crochetpedia. This is so sweet and colourful and perfect for the little ones. I think both our grandchildren might find one of these in their Christmas stockings later in the year!
  • I wanted to reduce my sourdough starter so I tried the Sourdough Blueberry Breakfast Cake from Lovely Little Kitchen and it was delicious. I'll definitely make this again and maybe I'll try some raspberries for a different flavor.

And that's it for another week! I hope you found something to create!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and well :)



Happy Week Ending :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊