Week Ending - November 27

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! I hope you've had a creative week!

What was your favorite Christmas book growing up? My kids couldn't get enough of A Rugrats Night Before Christmas, and mine was beyond a doubt, The Nutcracker. 

As an adult I think my favorite would either be A Christmas Carol or Christmas at Cold Comfort Farm or Tolkien's Letters from Father Christmas. I'd love to hear your favorites!

I did find you seven inspiring Christmas projects this week, so let's go:

  • Julie from The Crafty Quilter has a tutorial for the Cutest Gnome Mug Rug Ever! and he's adorable. This is a free block pattern, and you could also use him for other projects. So fun and festive!
  • I also love the Snowman Mug Rug tutorial form Scrapdash. He's a quick and easy applique project, and again use this one for other projects. You could applique him on cushions, your tree skirt, tablecloths etc. I think you'll love him!



  • The Easy Frangipane Topped Mince Pies from Easy Peasy Foodie look delicious. I love frangipane and the fruit mince would make a winning combination. Add this one to your must try list this Christmas.
  • Hook and Leaf has a gorgeous Modern Christmas Throw Blanket pattern for you to crochet. It's simple and stunning and it will add a festive touch to your favorite reading chair. It's C2C crochet which is quick and fun, and you only need to choose three colours!



  • I also love the Pinewood Crochet Pillow from E'Claire Makery. This one requires a bobble stitch, and she links her tutorial if you're not familiar. She's used a gorgeous faux fur yarn which will add cosiness and warmth to your home. Simple but fun!
  • The Quirk and The Cool posted Nigella's Italian Christmas Pudding Cake and I desperately want to bake this! She says it's easy and it's like a tiramisu meets trifle which sounds delicious. I think my craft girls will love this, so I'm going to give it a try for our end of year party!
  • The Cinnamon Honey Butter recipe from Tidy Mom is a lovely gift idea for friends and neighbours. Sharing homemade treats at Christmas is so special and it's my favorite gift to receive. Give this recipe a try!

And that's it for another week! I hope these projects help with your Christmas planning!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and well :)


Happy Week Ending :)




3 comments

  1. Love the block at the top of this article! Is it paper pieced and is there a pattern for it? Enjoy your articles each week...Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy. That is my Sedona Star and yes there's a free 6" block pattern for it here on the blog. It's FPP a great block for Christmas projects. Follow the link here:
      http://threadbarecreations.blogspot.com/2020/12/free-pattern-sedonas-star-6-quilt-block.html
      Enjoy :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you Rose! I don't know how I missed this one....Going to find my Christmas fabrics for this one. Enjoy the Season, Judy

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊