Week Ending - June 4

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! How has your week been?

It's officially winter here in Australia. The tradition of marking the start of winter on June 1st dates back to early colonial times, and as it does every year, June has brought the lurgies along for the ride. Everyone's had a good dose of the flu, so it's been a very quiet (sniffly) week for us!

I did find some fun projects to inspire you, so let's go:

  • There's nothing better than soup when you're feeling sick and the Homemade Chicken Soup For Flu Season from Peanut Blossom was a blessing. This took a bit to prepare because I was feeling sluggish but well worth it. Plan ahead and make some for the freezer so you're prepared for the flu season.
  • Crochet n Create has the So Simple Crochet Square pattern for you to try. It's quick and easy and perfect for afghans, baby blankets, bags, cushions and more. It's a one stitch pattern and free for you to use.



  • How adorable is the DIY Accordion Pouch from Sewing Times? This pouch has five pockets, and you can organise your cosmetics or sewing supplies all in one place. This is a great gift idea, and I thought it might make the perfect binding bag to hold all my needles, threads, clips, scissors etc. 
  • Here's another idea for your sourdough discard. The Crunchy Sourdough Starter Discard Biscotti from Juju Sprinkles looks so yummy and very easy to make. I love a good biscotti and I'm craving a batch at the moment.
  • I found the cutest Sunbonnet Sue pattern from The Yellow Rose Quilt Co. over on Etsy. There are 20 blocks to sew, and the designs are simply adorable. This is a PDF pattern download and available in their shop at a very reasonable price.



  • The Cascading Flower Sweater from Sewrella Yarn is romantic and cosy and I've added this to my must make list. The pattern is available in her shop as a PDF download and it's a mix of knit and crochet. Love it!
  • I needed a garden gift idea for a friend, and I found the Terra Cotta Pot DIY Lighthouse from Crafts by Courtney. Isn't this fun? I know she'll love it and it will compliment her seaside garden. It's simple and a great DIY weekend project.

And that's it for another week! I hope these projects inspired you to create :)

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and well :)


Happy Week Ending :)




No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊