Free Easter Pattern- Bunny Butt Cushion

Every Easter I make a cake to share with the family and the last three have been Bunny Butt cakes; maybe they should change that song to "I love bunny butts and I can not lie" ;). When deciding on what to design as a free Easter pattern to share with you, the choice was simple. Introducing the Bunny Butt Cushion:
This little cushion is super quick and easy and a great way to use up any left over Jelly Roll strips and some scraps. I whipped this one up in a afternoon, from drafting the design to closing the zip, so its not time consuming but lots of fun to make.
I love the way it looks like he's diving straight into the centre of the cushion and those little bunny feet are simply adorable.....as is his fluffy bunny tail:
To make it quicker, I machine appliqued the design but you could choose to blanket stitch by hand with two strands of embroidery thread. If your looking for a tutorial on machine applique, I have one HERE which might help. To finish it off I added a cute little fabric bow:
These are super simple to sew and topped with an antique button, it adds that little touch of "pretty" to the cushion.
You could adapt the pattern and use the applique to make placemats, or a tablecloth or table runner; the choice is totally up to you and your imagination.
It's a great project to make for the kids or as something cute to include in your own home decorating this Easter.
If you would like to download and print the free pattern to make your own Bunny Butt Cushion, just visit HERE.
Hope you enjoy this project and happy sewing :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊