Week Ending (September 8)


Happy Sunday guys! I hope your week has been kind. This year is marching ahead so quickly it will be Halloween before we know it. For the next few weeks I'm sharing lots of fun projects to inspire you to create for the spooky season.

Its never too early to get organised and start your projects, so lets have a look at what I found this week shall we:

  • The Undergound Crafter is hosting a Halloween Crochet Along and there's ten patterns from ten designers plus prizes along the way. There's lots of talented designers in the line up and the first two patterns are already available. Go check them out.
  • The Ginger Pumpkin Pie from Claire's World sounds amazing and nothing says Halloween like pumpkins right? Its made with roasted pumpkins so the flavor would be divine. I'm book marking this recipe for our annual scary movie night with the girls. Yum!
  • And while we're talking pumpkins these Pumpkin Muffins sound quick and easy. Three ingredients make this recipe perfect for baking with the kids or for when your time poor and need something in a hurry - plus they look lush too!



  • If you have little children or you're looking for something less scary Sharlotte the Crochet Spider might be perfect. She's so soft and cuddly looking and I wouldn't mind Sharlotte making her home in our house - she's cute not creepy and she wont make cobwebs!



  • Ellisa and Higgs has a great range of Halloween quilt block patterns available now. There's everything from cauldrons to tombstones and all together they would make a stunning quilt. The blocks are available in two sizes and they can be used for any of your Halloween projects. 
  • I'm in love with this That 70's Halloween Quilt from Quilted Delights. The tones of these Halloween fabrics are stunning and the prints are so cute. You will need the book Strip Savvy from Kate Henderson for the pattern and you can use this quilt for inspiration for choosing your fabrics. Just gorgeous!
  • And lastly if Candy Corn is your thing, how about this Candy Corn Crochet Throw - now this will bring the Halloween feel into your home. Its pattern rating is easy and I'm sure you could crochet one up before Halloween comes around.

And that's it for this week. There's lots more Halloween projects to come over the following weeks but for now I hope they have inspired you to at least start planning your projects.

Next week on the blog I have a step by step tutorial for the Log Cabin block plus FPP templates for my paper piecing lovers and a recipe which I'm obsessing over at the moment.


Until then...Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊