Week Ending (October 13)


Happy Sunday guys! It's been another gorgeous week, a little windy but still nice enough to spend time outdoors, so I started on our patio make over. Not only do we have the wedding coming up but our boy turns eighteen in a few months, and we're redoing this space for his party.

I'm cleaning and painting and potting new plants ready for the new outdoor lounge furniture to arrive (YAY!) and today hubby is hanging new lighting out there - he just doesn't know it yet :)

I have seven inspiring links for you today and who knows, your next project could be one of them.

  • First up is this stunning Nine Patch Fun Quilt from Happy Quilting. There's a video tutorial to help you make your own and it really is a stunning quilt. It does have curved piecing but you could always simplify it and use applique to create the curves. Such a fun geometric design.
  • This Homemade Stromboli from I Heart Naptime looks amazing (I'm drooling) and it might be a recipe to keep for the 18th birthday party. It looks yummier than pizza and I think the kids will love it.


  • Since so many of you are book readers as well, these Crochet Flower Bookmarks are just what we need to mark our page. They would also make lovely gifts to send with your Christmas cards or to give with a book as a present any time of the year. A great use of yarn scraps too!
  • Sedef Imer has a fun tutorial for some sweet Fabric Covered Needle Cards on Amy Smart's blog. There's a template to print and you can use some of your favorite fabrics to make a whole bunch, because you can't have too many pretty needle cards can you? 



  • I love this Pumpkin Patchwork Cushion from Polka Dot Chair. It would be super quick to piece and it will add a little Fall/Halloween to your home. It's a free tutorial so grab your fabrics and sew!
  • Repeat Crafter Me has a gorgeous Crochet Gingerbread House that's too cute not to make. The house is constructed in one piece (clever) and then you can embellish it however you want. A fun little project that you can do with the kids.
  • And lastly, if you still haven't decided on a pumpkin pattern to crochet, then Sewrella has released her Country Pumpkins free pattern and these little guys are cuties. I love them because they look like knit pumpkins and they look super easy to crochet.

And that's it for another week. I hope you found something new to try. 

Next week on the blog I'm sharing the latest project to come off my hook (and I love this so much that I'm making more) plus in my Classic Quilt Blocks series I'm sharing nine of my favorite Pinwheel quilt patterns to inspire you to sew with this gorgeous block.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday :)


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊