Week Ending - May 10

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely and Happy Mother's Day! I hope you're spending time or talking on the phone with your loved ones today while we're in lockdown. Australia now has a plan for easing restrictions, so we should see some changes very soon!

I had quite of few of you contact me about the Scrappy Birds In The Air Sew Along starting next week, and I'm so happy you're excited too! It's going to be fun and I'm thrilled you're wanting to sew along with me. Can't wait :)

I have some wonderful links to share this week, and I hope they inspire you to create. Let's take a look:

  • When I saw Regal the Peacock, it was love at first sight! This is a free amigurumi project from Hooked By Kati and he's amazing. The detail is so realistic and the feathers are beautiful. This is an intermediate crochet project, and it's going on my must make list for sure - just stunning!
  • Happy Quilting has a Terrific Tuesday Giveaway running until Tuesday May 12th and the prize is a $25 gift certificate from Thousands of Bolts. The giveaway is open to all readers (including international) so go ahead and enter!
  • Lori Kennedy at the Inbox Jaunt has a step by step tutorial for Quilting a White Clover Motif. This is gorgeous and would be perfect for borders or sashings. Her tutorials are always beautiful and easy to follow, so make sure you have a look at some others while you're there.



  • How cute is this Crochet Tulip Pillow from Repeat Crafter Me? This is so pretty and a fun way to celebrate Spring. I could imagine this in a little girls room, maybe on her bed or in her reading chair. It's a free project and it's sure to add some colour to any spot in the house.
  • The nights are cold and hearty meals like this Country Beef Casserole with Herb Scones is definitely on the menu. I made this the other night and we loved it. Adding a scone or dumpling, is my favorite way to serve a casserole because it can replace mashed potato. I added some green beans to the beef mix and it was a complete meal all by itself. Yum!



  • These Fabric Birds are just darling and they're a free pattern from Helen Phillips. They're a great way to use up some of your pretty scraps and you could use them to decorate a favorite corner in the house or they'd make a cute pincushion as well. 
  • And lastly, the Spiral Crochet Coasters from BHooked are quite unique. There's a free pattern plus video tutorial to help you make a set for yourself, and there's a few new techniques to learn as you go along. So fun!

And that's it for another week. Did these projects inspire you?

Next week on the blog, I'm hoping to show you my finished Mosaic Sampler CAL blanket (it's soooo close to being finished, so close!), and it's tutorial week in my Classic Quilt Blocks series plus the Scrappy Birds In The Air Sew Along begins! Lots to share!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and Mother's Day! Stay safe and healthy!


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊