Week Ending - May 17

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! Thank you so much for your response to the Scrappy Birds In The Air Sew Along, I'm so happy you guys are excited about this quilt.

I've had a busy week sewing my own blocks and putting the pattern side of the sew along together.  I enjoy working on projects like this -  I was that nerdy kid at school who got excited when the teacher announced a "new project" was about to begin! I loved researching, drawing graphics and lettering, and putting information together on any given topic. It's fun!

I did find some very inspiring projects for you this week, so let's take a look:

  • Jessica Sepel posted a recipe for a healthy Chicken Noodle Soup and this is what I'm having for dinner tonight. This is packed with yummy ingredients and I love Jessica's recipes - take a look at her breakfast ones while you're over there.
  • For something a little different, Jeni from In Colour Order posted a tutorial for some DIY Fabric Grow Bags. These will increase you planting space and they are made using leftover landscape fabric. It's a simple alternative to pots and a good use of garden supplies.
  • Kat from the Organised Housewife is now taking pre-orders for her new Hearty Dinners Recipe Cookbook and it looks good! 50 recipes for the slow cooker or the oven to make feeding your family quick, easy and tasty. Yum!



  • Ashleigh from Sewrella released her Fraiche Crochet Tote Bag pattern, and I love this. It looks sturdy enough for a day at the beach or to carry your laptop and work supplies in. It's simple and feminine and it's a free pattern on her blog.
  • Corey Yoder from Coriander Quilts has a four part series on Hand Quilting that might interest you. Part One is an overview of hand quilting, Part Two is about supplies, Part Three is about techniques and Part Four is a Q&A. All very informative blog posts and well worth reading.



  • You may have already sewn a thread catcher basket, but The Sewing Chick has just released The Bigger Thread Catcher Basket pattern. These are so useful in the sewing room and there's a free tutorial to help you make one of your own.
  • We all need a little sunshine in our lives and this Sunshine Crochet Pillow from Yarnspirations is so adorable. It will really brighten your day and perfect for that special little one in your life. It's a free pattern and a quick and easy project to make you smile.

And that's it for this week. I hope you found a new project to try.

Next week on the blog, I will show you my Mosaic Sampler CAL Blanket (it's done and it's gorgeous) and it's Week 2 of my Scrappy Birds In The Air Sew Along and I have the next installment ready for you, plus some photo's of my progress.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe, stay healthy and stay home!


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊