Week Ending - May 24

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! How's your week been? I hope it's been a good one! Things are slowly returning to our newer normal - Cohen goes back to college tomorrow and he's soooo ready to get back and see everyone. Online learning has had it's hiccups, but with the speed that things were shut down and alternatives arranged, it was inevitable. Well done to all the teachers for their amazing efforts in maintaining the school year in such hard times - especially the older teachers who struggle with technology, we can't thank you enough!

I was inspired by some wonderful projects this week, so lets take a look at what I found:

  • The lovely Ali at Woodberry Way is hosting a sew along for her gorgeous Star Kisses pattern. This is such a stunning quilt and she has a few colour way options to tempt you. You will need to purchase a pattern and then you're all ready to pick some fabrics and sew!
  • Chocolate Covered Katie released her recipe for Banana Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars and these look seriously yum! They're her secret vegan recipe and they would be great for the lunch box. If you need something new for the kids (after weeks of baking all the things in lockdown) then give these a try.
  • Amy Chappell has a tutorial on Diary of A Quilter's blog for a Patriotic US Flag Mini Quilt that you might like to try. It's super cute and you could make it in your own countries colours or in a palette to suit your decor. So fun!



  • I collect crochet stitch tutorials, and this Lemon Peel Stitch Tutorial was a great find. I love a textured stitch and this one is full of texture, and it's simple to do. Patterns like these are great for dishcloths, face washers or full sized blankets when you cant find the right pattern for your yarn. Add this one to your stitch collection too!
  • How about this Orange Mocha Dream Gardener's Soap Bar tutorial from Soap Deli News? I have a weakness for handmade soap and I want to try this one - mainly because it's got coffee in it! ;) It's a melt and pour recipe and I look forward to pampering my hands after an afternoon digging around in the soil!
  • Sheri from A Quilting Life posted 11 Productivity Tips for Quilters and seriously you feel more motivated and ready to sew just looking at her gorgeous photos. She has some wonderful tips for using your time wisely and feeling more productive. Go check them out!



  • And finally, I love when crochet looks like knit, and Daisy Farm Crafts new Crochet Velvet Double Ribbed Blanket is a great example. I adore all of their patterns, and every time they release I new one I'm inspired. I'd like this is one as a larger size blanket, and I'm adding it to my must make list.

And that's it for another week. I hope you found something new to create.

Next week on the blog I have the final instalment of my Scrappy Birds In The Air Sew Along, and I hope to show you my finished quilt. And keep an eye out, my monthly newsletter should hit inboxes on Thursday!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and healthy!


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

2 comments

  1. Hi Rose, You inspire me every time I open up your blog. I'm so glad you and your family are well. Things are slowly returning to some resemblance of normal here in the US, specifically North Carolina. We are still being asked to wear face masks and maintain a six foot distance from the next person. I really like the sew along. I find it gives me a sense of connection with other ladies who have similar interests. Thank you for that. I'll be looking forward to your next post. Faye

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to have you here Faye. I hope you enjoyed the sew along and can't wait to see your quilt. Stay safe and healthy :) x

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊