Week Ending - February 21

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! I hope your week has been fun and creative!

I've been busy harvesting the garden and preserving our crops for winter. Everything seems to ripen at once, and despite the unpredictable and sometimes damaging weather, we have had a bumper year! There's lots of tomato relish, pickles, sauce and apple butter in the pantry, and blanched vegetables in the freezer to enjoy over the colder months.

I asked my newsletter subscribers about food dehydrators and they convinced me to buy one. I love it, and I'm experimenting with my own herbal teas, plus I've dried jars of herbs and fruits - nothing has gone to waste this year!

I found some wonderful projects for your this week, so lets get inspired to create:

  • Annette from Azure Farm has a gorgeous Chocolate Orange Tart recipe on her blog that I had to try this week. Blood oranges are not in season in Australia at the moment, so I used navel oranges and this tart was still delicious. Give it a try!
  • Looking for a sewing machine cover pattern? So Sew Easy has a post with 30 Free Sewing Machine Covers for you to try and they're all fun and gorgeous. My DIY Sewing Machine Cover is included in this line up which is so exciting!



  • I love C2C crochet and the Straight Through Your Deart pattern from Happy in Red is so clever and so pretty. The pattern is available for purchase and it looks to contain lots of information for those starting their C2C journey. 
  • I fell in love with the Heart Topiary DIY from Lucy at Craftberry Bush. It's so simple yet so pretty and the tutorial just shares her process. A trip to the garden centre is on my list next week - I need a few of these for the glasshouse :) 



  • I'm always looking for Air Fryer recipes and I found a Air Fryer Cream Cheese Wontons recipe from The Recipe Critic that I'd like to try. They look easy and crispy and perfect for a games night we have planned with friends next weekend.
  • Have you seen the book Urban Quilting: Quilt Patterns for the Modern Day Home by Wendy Chow? There are 10 designs in this book with 3 sizes for each design and they look gorgeous - perfect for the modern quilter.
  • Dinosaurs are loved by every generation aren't they? I adore the Triceratops Dinosaur Crochet Pattern from Halime Ozel. It's a free pattern on Ravelry and I've downloaded this to make Landon a few when he's a little older :) Too cute!

And that's it for another week. I hope you found something new to create in the coming week.

Next week on the blog I have a free St Patrick's Day block for you to paper piece, plus it's the last week in my Flying Geese Classic Quilt Blocks series and I have a mini quilt pattern for you! To my Newsletter subscribers, please check your inbox on Thursday - it's time for my monthly newsletter :)

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and well :)


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊