Week Ending - April 25

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! I hope your week has been a kind one :)

After last week's sickness, my week was full of housework and yard work - it always waits for you doesn't it? ;) My yarn arrived and I did start my Wildwood Plaid Blanket, I'll show you more when it's finished.

It's ANZAC Day here today, and a day to remember those who bravely fought for our freedom and our country. It's a day of reflection and a time to honour the people who served, are serving and those who died in war. 

"At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them."

Let's have a look at the projects I found for you this week:

  • Kerryanne from the Shabby Art Boutique has a gorgeous Boutique Parisenne Sewing and Mending Journal that is perfect for any sewer. You will have to join her club to download the pattern and she has all the details in the link.
  • It's time for soups and hot food for us down here, and Anorina from Samilia's Mum released a wonderful tutorial for Bowl Cozies that you'll want to try. They're quick and easy and perfect for cold desserts as well.
  • There's lots of Mother's Day gift guides, but I personally love gifts made with love and with their own little hands. Kat from The Organised Housewife has put together a list of Mother's Day Craft Ideas, and some of these are really cute. I can't wait till Landon is older and I can help him make his mummy a gift full of love :)



  • I'm looking for some new recipes for our Mother's Day lunch, and I want to try this Blueberry Lemon Poppy Seed Creme Cake from Half Baked Harvest. OMG, this looks and sounds delicious and I think it could be my new favorite. Can't wait to try it!
  • I also want to try the Blueberry Muffin Cake recipe from David Lebovitz. This sounds yummy and I think it's the strudel style topping that has me hooked. Decisions, decisions - maybe I'll make both ;)



  • I love the Modern Crochet Baby Blanket from Little Things Blogged. This is a fun way to use half square granny squares and I adore the crocheted edging. This would be the perfect gift for a new mum or a mum to be this Mother's Day!
  • It was Earth Day on Thursday and if you've thought about planting a garden, then Why You Should Grow A Garden As A Parent might interest you. There are so many benefits to gardening, the very least being the tastiest fruit and vegetables ever, and it's a bonding experience for you and your kids or grandkids. I have gumboots and toddler size tools patiently waiting in the garden shed for Landon to help me plant and harvest when he's older. Give it a read!

And that's it for this week! I hope these inspired you to create!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and well :)


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊