Week Ending - May 23

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! Seriously how is it Sunday again already? 2021 is moving along so quickly and I'm not feeling grounded and enjoying the moment all at - are you feeling the same?

Today we're heading out to a little country town we love so much for a pub lunch and a walk around the shops in this cool autumn weather. The colours are so inspiring at this time of year and I feel winter is going to be a long wet one, so we should make the most of it! :(

I did find you seven inspiring projects for this week, so let's take a look:

  • Looking for a new free motion quilting design? Leah Day introduced the Zap n' Sizzle! Quilting Design and this looks like fun! There's a video tutorial to help you practice and it's such a fun and funky design!
  • Sarah from Repeat Crafter Me has the sweetest C2C Bird Blanket pattern that's perfect for Spring - I love the borders she's included! She's also included a birdhouse pattern so you can play around with combinations and make the blanket bigger. Go check it out!



  • I'm on the home baked doughnut train at the moment (I love doughnuts) and I gave these Baked Blueberry Cinnamon Sugar Doughnuts from Half Baked Harvest a try. Yum, yum, yum, yum! I'd been baking healthy ones, but these were delicious very naughty - life is about balance, right?
  • Ali Foster shared her Messenger Bag Tutorial as a guest contributor over on U Create and this bag is super cute! There's lots of photos and her pattern is very easy to follow. Sew one for yourself!
  • Do you press your own flowers? I like to keep memories from each season in the garden and the flowers are great to use as decorations on cards etc. Sisters, what! have a great tutorial on How to Press Flowers in the Microwave. This is a time saver as they're ready to use in around one minute!



  • Winter is almost here, so it's time to fill the house with cosy blankets and quilts. I love this Crochet Velvet Windowpane Blanket from the girls over at Daisy Farm Crafts. It looks snuggly and warm and perfect for those long, cold months!
  • This weeks Terrific Tuesday Giveaway over at Happy Quilting is for a $25 Gift Certificate at Lou Lou Fabrics. There's still time to enter, so head over! All entries are welcome including international!

And that's it for another week. I hope you found something fun to create :)

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and well! :)


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊