Week Ending - September 12

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! How's your week been?

September is National Sewing Month and FaveQuilts asked me to contribute an article on basting. It's one of my least favorite tasks so I had a lot to say about it ;) You can read the article HERE and make sure you follow FaveQuilts all month to enjoy the daily articles or projects, plus enter their giveaway to win some fantastic prizes.

I did find you some wonderful projects this week, so let's go:

  • The Fat Quarter Shop are running a All The Trimmings Mystery Sew Along and I've seen lots of versions of the first block and they're all gorgeous! You can make the quilt and sew the matching cross stitch which sounds like fun! The patterns are free so join in and make yourselves a fun Christmas quilt.
  • Have you seen Jen Kingwells new book Quilt Recipes yet? Amy from Diary of a Quilter has written a fabulous review of this gorgeous book and I love the new project she's working one. Go check it out!




  • Courtney from the French Country Cottage shared her recipe for Caramel Drizzled Apples and yummmm! These look delicious and I've bookmarked this one for later in the year when our apple trees and loaded with fruit.
  • The free Traditional Granny Stitch Crochet Shawl pattern from B Hooked is another favorite. How snuggly would this be for those cool spring/fall afternoons? I love reading outside and this would be perfect to throw over my shoulders instead of a bulky throw or blanket. I'm adding this one to my must make list!
  • We're having a BBQ dinner tonight and I'm trying these Cheesy Zucchini Bites from Content In a Cottage. I think they'll be nice with some cooked meat, salad and crusty bread, and they're a good way to hide vegetables from the men. :)


  • I love me some crocheted coasters and Craft Gossip have put together a great list of 18 Free Flower Themed Crochet Coaster Patterns for you to work on. There's sunflowers, leaves and lots of fun flowers to crochet, so have fun!
  • And the last one is a book I picked up earlier in the week. The Good Life is written by Hannah Moloney and she's a fellow Tasmanian who's committed to growing a better world. There tonnes of sustainability tips and tricks and this book is a great resource for everyone, regardless of whether you have acres of land or just a tiny balcony. 

And that's it for another week. I hope you found something creative! I think I'll start some Halloween inspired posts for the coming few weeks, so you can get a head start on decorating and planning for the spooky season.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and well!


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊