Week Ending - January 23

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! How has your week been?

It was birthday week in our house - our son in law turned 32, and our son turned twenteen (20). Yes, we're in complete denial our baby is no longer a teenager, so we going with twenteen! Those twenty years went too quickly, and I won't even mention how old it makes Les and I feel :)

I did find some fun projects for you, so let's go:

  • Amber from Gigi's Thimble released a new pattern Always and Forever, and this is such a sweet quilt for Valentine's Day. It was inspired by her postage stamp quilt and all the pattern details are on her blog.
  • Heart cookies are a Valetines Day staple and Amy from the Idea Room shared her recipe for Chocolate Heart Sandwich Cookies which look yum! I can't wait to give these a try - do I have to wait till February? ;)



  • Anorina from Samelia's Mum made a stunning Starburst in Teal Quilt using Island Batik fabrics. She'll be releasing the pattern for this quilt later, so make sure you keep an eye on her blog and grab yourself a pattern. 
  • We've just started to eat fresh spring rolls regularly. They're a good way to get your daily vegetables in, and they're filling but light. I found 3 Easy Spring Roll Sauce recipes over at A Beautiful Mess and we love them. They add that something extra to the rolls and they're better than the store brought sauces (except an Asian Plum Sauce which I love). Give them a try! 



  • Looking for a white on white fabric line? Corey from Coriander Quilts has a line coming soon called Coriander Seeds. These are beyond perfect, I love them! Be sure to keep a look out for some at your local quilt shop very soon!
  • I have a You Tuber/Blogger I want to share with you. Thuy Dao runs Her 86m2 and she's in Germany so the scenery is amazing! I've watched all her vlogs, from her days in an apartment to her most recent move to a new home in the country. She is such a talent and if you're a garden lover like me, you'll be inspired. Her recipes are amazing, she's a talented artist and builder, and she has the sweetest family (cats included). Go check her out!
  • And lastly, Sarah from Repeat Crafter Me is running a year long C2C project and the January Winter Gnome C2C Rectangle is available for you to work on. She has teamed up with another talented artist to bring you matching crochet hooks as well. All the details are on her blog.

And that's it! I hope something inspired you to create. :)

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and well!


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊