Week Ending - August 21

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! I hope your week has been kind!

On August 16th at 10.42pm, Madeline, Michael and Landon welcomed their gorgeous daughter and sister, Iris Evelyn Mills into the world! Iris is an absolute cutie and everyone's smitten. It's been a huge journey for Madeline, but so worth all she endured - Iris has stolen our hearts and we're so grateful for this wonderful blessing!

I did find you seven great projects this week, so let's start creating:

  • Yarn and Hooks have a free pattern for these adorable Crochet Gift Bags. These are so versatile, and you could add embellishments or applique.  Imagine them as party bags, wedding favors, advent calendar bags - the list is endless. Keep this one in your files for a quick project and gift idea!
  • Tonight's dinner is the Curried Lentil and Leek Soup from Lucy and Lentils. I'm looking forward to this and I've got bread in the oven to accompany it. I am going to add some more vegetables just to bulk it up and it will be a heart-warming Sunday meal.



  • I love the Granny Square Crochet Cardigan from Originally Lovely. This is a free pattern and it's one of the nicest granny square cardigans I've seen. I love the length, the colours they've used and how perfect it would be for cooler summer nights. A must make!
  • I have the craft girls here later in the week, so I'm making the Easy Lemon Fudge recipe from Sugar Salt Magic. This will be refreshing to nibble on as we work (aka talk), and it only requires five ingredients. It's a short catch up this week, so this fudge will be perfect.



  • I wanted to include this Seaglass Art Quilt but I can't find the links to the original tutorial. You can use the post as inspiration for your own quilt, and if you do find a link to the designer, please include it in the comments for everyone to use. Isn't it clever? It's raw edge applique and you could be as creative as you want with this one.
  • I love when two hobbies mesh together, and the Battenberg Crochet Blanket from Your Crochet looks just like a postage stamp quilt and I love it! It's a free pattern and it looks like fun, plus it's a great yarn stash buster project.
  • National Quilting Circle has a great article on How to Use Quilting Rulers Properly. There's lots of tips in this article and it's a good place to start if you're a beginner quilter or thinking about beginning your quilting journey.

And that's it for another week! I hope you found a new project or two to create. I'm off to snuggle my new grandbaby. I can't get enough of her :)

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and well :)


Happy Week Ending :)

4 comments

  1. Congratulations on your new grandchild!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world, Grandbaby Iris! I hope you've found time to snuggle and bond with your newest blessing, Rose!

    I found a link that will take you to the creator of the sea glass creation: http://dangerousmezzo.com/quilting/applique/seaglass-art-quilt/ Her name is Nina Scott-Stoddart and she completed this after taking an online workshop with Exhausted Octopus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I have Kathy! I was lucky enough to spend a few days with them when they got home - lots of snuggles and bonding!
      Thanks so much for finding that link. I found one but it keep leading to a dead page (maybe the page was down). I didn't have time to go back and check or research it further :) Take care :)

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊