Week Ending - September 11

Seven inspiring projects! Seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! I hope you are well and had a creative week!

September is National Sewihttps://threadbarecreations.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.htmlng Month, and I was asked to contribute an article again this year to celebrate. One of the most asked reader questions was regarding the three layers of a quilt, so this was the topic I was assigned. I had so much fun with this article and you can read it HERE

Make sure you follow along for the whole month. There's some fantastic articles and you could win prizes along the way. Thank you, Krista and the team. I love working with you guys and your encouragement means the world!

I did find some fun projects for you this week, so let's go:

  • I found the most adorable amigurumi patterns from dudefsworld on Etsy and I love the Crochet Lion Teether/Rattle pattern. There are so many wonderful patterns to purchase in this shop so have your credit card ready.
  • Sewing Times has a great tutorial for these Easy DIY Storage Boxes, and they are so cute. They would look gorgeous in a child's bedroom or a sewing room or in the bathroom to hold your products. There are three sizes to make, and they look super fun!



  • I want to try the Vanilla and Raspberry Cakes from Butter Baking. These look delicious, and I'm hosting a spring garden party in a couple of weeks, so these will be on the menu. Raspberries are always a favorite and I can't wait to give these a try. 
  • You must try the Hygge Burst Blanket pattern from How to Makes. Sunburst squares are always a favorite and this blanket looks so cosy and snuggly. There's a link to a video to help you out and you'll be on your way to crocheting a colourful blanket for your home in no time.



  • The Knotted Nest has this gorgeous Rustic Crochet Pumpkin Garland pattern available, and these tiny pumpkins are adorable. If garlands aren't your thing, then place them in a bowl or crate to decorate for Fall/Halloween. Love these!
  • Tonight's dinner is the Moroccan Chickpea Hand Pies from Rainbow Nourishments. I love that these are packed with vegetables and flavour, and they look easy enough. This will be our meat free meal this week - the boys are really loving chickpeas :)
  • Katherine from It's Only Fabric and Thread has a precut friendly free pattern called Spring Picnic Quilt I'm sure you'll want to try. I love her bright colour palette and I think it's perfect for picnic days or time in the park. Lovely pattern!

And that's it for another week! I hope you found something to create!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and well :)


Happy Week Ending :)

3 comments

  1. Where is the cookie recipe please? They look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura,
      They are here on the blog in the Recipes tab under Biscuits and Slices. The link is also here for you:
      http://threadbarecreations.blogspot.com/2019/11/peanut-butter-and-oatmeal-cookies.html
      Hope you enjoy them. They are delicious!

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊