Loving Redwork!!

I gave a sneak peek of a new design I was working on a few posts back....a redwork Xmas stitchery. Now while red isnt my favorite colour, I found it quick and easy to work on and because I had so much fun with it, i designed another!! So here they are:

A cheeky little reindeer, sharing the spirit of Xmas and:

A fun little snowman, sure to warm the heart!! Patterns are all ready and off to the printers tomorrow, so they should be in the store next week. I predict more redwork in my future. Its a wonderful way to present Xmas designs!!

Lastly, Im not one to do book reviews but I have just finished reading this book:


Anne Ida and Leigh were discussing it at lunch (while we were in Melbourne) and it had me intrigued. It is a beautifully written story, set in wartime Afghanistan. Some of the scenes were quite haunting but it was powerful, thought provoking and a great read, if anyones looking for a new book to read!! Im off to buy his next one....A Thousand Splendid Suns.

14 comments

  1. I love redwork also. You designs are so cute. I am working on Winter Wonderland in blues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful your redwork, Rose! And the frames put them in a special light.
    Hugs, XX Smaranda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sweetie! They look so great!!! I love the prairie points on the reindeer! Perfect setting! And the snowman is so cute :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your redwork designs are adorable. They are perfect for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That book is amazing...love it love it!! Read the next book by him..it's even better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Redwork!! Terrific colour for Christmas. I also love the fabrics you have used! Are you goung to design more, perhaps make a small quilt??
    Cathy.:0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the prairie points on the Reindeer. The xmas elves I am working on at the moment have them too and they look great. Maybe I'll be up to that stage by camp and you'll get to see it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fabulous! Put them on my list of must-haves to follow the values patterns. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. your redwork is just adorable! Love the reindeer :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute stitcheries and I love the hanger and yes The Kite Runner is very thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful redwork! I haven't heard of this book. I will have to check it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Who doesn't love redwork? Awesome! Found you thru stitchy fingers webring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your new redwork designs - a particular love of mine. The prairie points look great and I like the little bells. I am very envious of your lovely quilting around the snowman. Looks fantastic. Looking forward to seeing what you have for us next.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your DJ blocks look wonderful, as do your stitcheries. I love the prarie points!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊