I decided to have a go at Bonnies Mystery Quilt, Double Delight. Its great as a summer holiday project and I was determined to only use fabrics from my stash. It makes it a little more challenging to pick fabrics without seeing the design or the finished quilt, so I tried to follow along with the colour combinations as best I could.
Part 1 was 120 cream, blue and gold square in square blocks. These went together quickly but I was happy when the last one was complete, only to discover........
Part 2 had 120 more lol!!! I had to use green instead of the brown because I dont have a lot of browns in my stash and what I did have were very different shades. The green is the only yardage I have used so far (still a little more trimming to be done here!!!)
Part 3 was 120, 9 patches and 80 cream blocks......these were fun and used up a lot of those old fabrics that have been lying around forever!!!
So I was excited this morning to see that Part 4 was up, just to see how these units all went together:
The Rolling Star block!!! Looks more complicated than it was......not sure about the fabric choices for the 9 patches now its together, but I think it looks ok!!! 29 more of these to do and then onto Part 5!!!