Free Pattern- Star Cluster Mini Quilt

"Threadbare Creations" celebrates its 8th birthday this month, so I wanted to design a free project for you, as a way of saying thank you for all the wonderful support I have received since starting this little business back in 2006.
I prefer to piece small blocks but I decided to design a mini quilt using a large 16" block. The Crown of Thorns block is my all time favorite, so I adapted it slightly, by adding a Crystal Star block to the centre to create, the Star Cluster Mini Quilt:
This is a fun and easy little quilt to make and if you're new to piecing, its larger pieces are ideal to practice your skills. How you use the quilt is up to you. You could add a hanger and use it as a wall hanging (the pattern includes two options for hanging the quilt):
Or you could turn it into a cushion or maybe make up multiple blocks for a table runner, tablelcoth or quilt. I've decided to use mine as a table topper for the lamp table beside my chair:
It fits perfectly (that was kinda deliberate) and pretties up that little corner of our lounge room.
Here's a close up of the quilting I chose for my mini quilt:
I used the FMQ flowers I quilted on my Fairground quilt. I enjoy quilting these and I love the texture it adds.
The free PDF pattern for the Star Cluster Mini Quilt, comes with full instructions and detailed diagrams for easy construction and you can get your copy, HERE.
I hope you enjoy making this little mini quilt and once again............ a big thank you to everyone who has supported me over the last 8 years. You guys are simply the best :)
To see more of my mini quilt patterns, just visit HERE

17 comments

  1. Hi there, I read your blogs regularly. Your writing style
    is witty, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this free patttern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rose, thank you for sharing you beautiful “Star Cluster” pattern. I recently made a version of it and posted my finished wall hanging on my blog sparkilyblog.wordpress.com with a link to yours.
    I’m glad I found your blog, you have so many pretty and inspiring projects!
    Sincerely ~Abbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abbie I'll head over and have a look :)

      Delete
  4. I just made this, turned out beautifully! Love free patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROSE, DID YOU USE RANDOM FABRICS YOU HAD OR IS THIS FROM A COLLECTION? I REALLY LIKE THE FABRICS AND COLORS YOU USED.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rose, I love the colors in the star cluster. Did you use some from your stash or is it from a collection?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fabrics are from my Bonnie and Camille stash. I think there's some Scrumptious in there and some Marmalade :)

      Delete
  7. This is a beautiful quilt and I have added it to my list. Your tutorial is well written and I may just have to make a few blocks and create a couple of reversible pillowcases or covers! Thank you for sharing and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope you enjoy making your own versions :)

      Delete
  8. Rose a big thank you for this lovely pattern
    Also thanks for the apple cake recipe definitely one I'm baking.
    Happy sewing and baking.
    Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your patterns and your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the Star Cluster Mini Quilt Pattern. I can't wait to make it. My husband even said how much he likes it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this pattern I came across. Any chance you have a video of how to piece it together. I have no idea how to paper piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't need paper piecing for this mini, it's traditionally pieced :)

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊