DIY Poinsettia Napkin Rings

Christmas is the time to break out your lovely linens, your good china, cutlery and glassware and set a beautiful table to share with family and friends. For me, there's as much planning involved in the table setting as there is in the actual menu; and its the part I love the best.
Pinterest is a constant source of inspiration and I found some lovely crocheted Poinsettia Napkin Rings HERE. Knowing I didn't have the time to crochet enough for our Christmas table, I decided to use her pattern as inspiration for some napkin rings of my own:
The kids love to be involved in the choosing/making and displaying of our Christmas decorations, so we grabbed some felt, some glue, some pretty buttons and began creating our own napkin rings.
The ring, housing the napkins, is also made from felt and we added a strip cut from an empty toilet roll to give the rings some stability, or you could use some elastic hair ties or pretty ribbons if you prefer.
We had a lot of fun making these, and we thought you might as well:

To download the PDF file with template and instructions, just visit HERE.
Our table setting theme this year, is red, white and gold so these work perfectly for us but you could adapt the pattern to suit your own theme; maybe add some green leaves, or use beads instead of buttons, or add some stitchery to the flower petals or napkin ring.....the possibilities are really only limited by your own imagination (and time restraints).
So gather some supplies, grab the kids and have some fun :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊