January's Fun Free Projects

Everyone loves a free project and there are so many wonderful ones being offered at the moment. For me, its a chance to work on a project without having to worry about all the brain work; designing, taking notes or trying to decipher my notes :), and pattern writing. I can just cut and sew and have some fun :)
This year I chose to participate in two of these projects and I am really enjoying these. The first is the Snapshots quilt from the Fat Quarter Shop and this is Block 1, "Let Them Eat Cake":
If you haven't seen this one yet, go and have a look, its such a gorgeous quilt and the money they raise in donations, is for a great cause. You can order kits for this quilt but I'll be using a mix of my Bonnie and Camille fabrics, in an attempt to cull some of my stash. Blocks are released on the 15th of each month and this one was quick to complete which makes it perfect when everyone's so busy :)
The intention is to make this quilt, just for me but I have a feeling that when Maddi sees the puppy block, she might grab this one :)
The second project I'm following along with, is called Snow Happy Hearts and its from the very talented Anne Sutton from Bunny Hill Designs.
On the 5th of every month there's a new snowman to stitch and this is January's. Isn't he cute? I chose not to stuff the heart as it is in the pattern because I'm thinking about tying these all together to make a garland for Christmas, our old one has seen better days :(
So in between all my "work" sewing, this is what I'll be sewing just for fun this year. Check out the links, they might be just what you are looking for as well :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊