Chatelaine- Free BOW Sampler Quilt Block 47


This weeks lovely little block is Courthouse Steps. There are a few variations of this block, all equally as beautiful, but this one with the cornerstones, is my favorite.
This block is an easier variation of the traditional Log Cabin block, and its a perfect block to teach beginners. The construction is a little different to the Log Cabin, which has the dark and light pieces wrapped around the centre square. In this variation, the dark and light halves are divided on opposite sides of the block.
This is a lovely block on its own but it also looks stunning when used as a secondary block in a quilt layout.  I hope you enjoy sewing this one.
To download this weeks free pattern, just visit HERE.
A huge welcome to everyone who subscribed to follow my blog via email. I was unaware that so many people preferred to read blogs this way, so I am very thankful to those who asked for me to include this as an option :)
And as promised, here are the collages for Blocks 27-36 and Blocks 37-45:
Blocks 27-36
Blocks 37- 45
Happy sewing :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊