Chatelaine- Free BOW Sampler Quilt Block 48

This weeks gorgeous block is Tudor Rose. While researching the history of this traditional block, I found that it was attributed to Loretta Leitner, a daily columnist for the Chicago Tribune during the 1930's, who wrote under the pen name, Nancy Cabot. Every day Nancy shared a quilt block pattern which was available for readers to purchase and this was one of those blocks.
I think its a lovely block and it will be a perfect addition to our sampler quilts.
Unfortunately, this is another one of those blocks where the measurements should be taken to the nearest 1/16". To avoid doing that to you, I have taken them to the nearest 1/8" and you will have to trim back the centre square, just a smidgen, to achieve an accurate 6" finished block (this step is clearly marked in the pattern)
To download this weeks free block pattern, just visit HERE.
Also, a few people have asked how many blocks will be required for this quilt. I'll be sharing two layout options and some border options, in future posts. The on-point layout will require 83 blocks and the horizontal layout will require 80 blocks. Of course feel free to design your own, adding or reducing the number of blocks to suit. This is your quilt, so its all up to you; I'm just giving you some options and inspiration.
Meanwhile, my little stack of gorgeous blocks will continue to grow, as we continue to sew:
Happy sewing :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊