Chatelaine- Free BOW Sampler Quilt Block 45

This weeks stunning block is Mrs Taft's Choice and what a lovely choice it is :)
It was named after Helen Louise Herron "Nellie" Taft, who was the wife of William Taft and First Lady of the United States from 1909-1913. As a perpetual contribution, she arranged the planting of the 3020 Japanese cherry trees which adorn the Washington Tidal Basin. Nellie and the wife of the Japanese Ambassador, personally planted the first two saplings in 1912.
This is a lovely block which is easily pieced using some squares and HST's and I think Nellie made a fantastic choice. I hope you love sewing this block as much as I did :)
To download this weeks free pattern, just visit HERE.

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊