Aztec Mini + Your Free February Calendar

You would be correct in assuming that I spend a lot of time looking at, thinking about and sewing, quilt blocks. I have quite a few beautiful books filled with inspiration (and sticky notes full of scribbles and plans) which I regularly drool over. When I first saw the lovely "Squash Blossom" block, I knew that with a little tweaking and a lovely border, this beautiful block was destined to become my February Mini Quilt, Aztec:
The Aztecs are renowned for their gorgeous geometric designs and their simple patterns make striking quilt blocks. Traditionally, the Aztecs used a palette of bright, vibrant, earthy colours but for this mini, I went with some lovely aqua, pink, navy and grey and I was pleased with this combination.
As 2016 is the year for sewing from my stash, all of these fabrics are from various older projects and I was fortunate to have "just enough" of some, so I could complete this mini the way I envisioned.
Aztec is a fully pieced mini quilt and its quick and easy to construct. I like the addition of the border; it frames the block nicely and really draws your eye to that stunning focal centre. It also gave me some lovely negative space to showcase some quilting, and I chose an all over free motion flower pattern, which I think finishes it off perfectly.
The quilt finishes at approx. 16" square and the PDF pattern includes full step by step instructions and coloured diagrams for easy construction. I've also included a colouring sheet to assist in fabric/colour selection prior to sewing your quilt and instructions for an optional hanging sleeve or hanging corners, to assist in mounting your mini quilt. Aztec, could also be used as a cushion front, a table topper or you could make multiple blocks for a lovely full sized quilt.
From today until the end of February, PDF patterns of Aztec will be available at the discounted and introductory price of $4.95 and can be purchased in my Big Cartel shop HERE.
If you prefer an instant download, you can also purchase a copy in my Etsy shop, HERE.
And I also have your free February Calendar as well, featuring the lovely Aztec:
To download and print your free calendar, just visit HERE.
I hope you love Aztec as much as I do and that February is a wonderful month, full of love and laughter for you and your family :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊