Capella Mini Quilt + Your Free April Calendar

Our son, has always been fascinated with the planets and the stars. A few years ago, we brought him a telescope and there's a certain peace to be found, studying the night sky. We may be able to see billion of twinkling stars, beautiful comets and meteors, but it holds so many more mysteries, far beyond what the human eye can see.
We all love a pretty star quilt and my new April Mini Quilt is a stunner. Introducing, Capella:
Capella is the brightest star in the constellation Auriga and the sixth brightest star in the night sky. It appears to be a single star but it is in fact, a star system of four stars in two binary pairs. Its name derives from the Latin capra or "goat" and is often referred to as the "little she goat".
Capella is a paper pieced pattern and I have included templates for four different size quilts; 12", 14", 16" and 18", so you can decide which size best suits your needs. I have chosen a grey scale palette with that gorgeous burst of blue in the centre but I imagine this quilt would look lovely in any combination. I have also included a colouring sheet to assist in your colour/fabric selection, prior to piecing your mini.
I love the octagonal shape of this mini; its perfect to use as a lamp mat or table topper but if you would like to sew Capella into a cushion front or make multiple blocks and sew a larger quilt, I have also included cutting and assembly instructions to square the block up.
If you would like to make your own Capella mini quilt, from today until the end of April, PDF patterns will be available at the discounted and introductory price of $4.95 (AU), in my Big Cartel store, HERE.
Or if you prefer an instant download, PDF patterns are also available in my Etsy shop HERE.
And lastly, here's your free April 2016 Calendar, featuring the stunning Capella:
To download and print your free April calendar, just visit HERE.
Happy sewing :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊